No announcement yet.

Nashville Fire Recruit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have my agility test next week hoping it goes well.

Comment

I was just hired...

from the old list. I am a Paramedic and will be starting the Fire academy October 18th. I have been applying since '99 and, to help get my foot in the door have volunteered with Metro OEM since '96 and I hope it helped get me hired as I have no family on the department, but have worked hard to get noticed.

I have a few questions that I have not asked management yet. As a Paramedic, I believe my time in the academy will be 11 weeks. Does this mean I will have Thanksgiving and Christmas off? if so, it will be the first time in over a dozen years. I am looking forward to working with NFD and have been hitting the gym every day as I am a bit older than the average recruit. I stay in good shape, however, so I hope the physical aspect will not be a problem for me.

Does anyone that has been through the academy recently have any advice for and old Medic/ new FF?

Comment

Originally posted by PS3106 View Post
        from the old list. I am a Paramedic and will be starting the Fire academy October 18th. I have been applying since '99 and, to help get my foot in the door have volunteered with Metro OEM since '96 and I hope it helped get me hired as I have no family on the department, but have worked hard to get noticed.

I have a few questions that I have not asked management yet. As a Paramedic, I believe my time in the academy will be 11 weeks. Does this mean I will have Thanksgiving and Christmas off? if so, it will be the first time in over a dozen years. I am looking forward to working with NFD and have been hitting the gym every day as I am a bit older than the average recruit. I stay in good shape, however, so I hope the physical aspect will not be a problem for me.

Does anyone that has been through the academy recently have any advice for and old Medic/ new FF?
        How many did they hire off the old list?
        FF/Paramedic

Comment

Originally posted by TNFF319 View Post
          How many did they hire off the old list?
          I am not sure. There were a dozen or so in my orientation, but I know there were others. I am thinking maybe 30 or so, but don't hold me to it.

Comment

I just received an email to set up my written exam. Anyone else hear anything?

Comment

Originally posted by FFmedic84 View Post
              I just received an email to set up my written exam. Anyone else hear anything?
              Yeah got one a few hours ago

Comment

Received mine yesterday. Scheduled for the 5th. Only 2 test dates.

Comment

Got my email about taking the written exam on Friday. So do you think the 30 or so that were hired part of the group for the S.A.F.E.R grant that Nashville applied for? I checked out info about the practice test for FireTeam. It's video based, multi choice (like the email stated). I'd like to find out whether or not they are just rebuilding their recruit list right now or if they are planning to hire some of those who are trying out now.

Comment

I got an email yesterday and scheduled my written exam for Oct. 5th.

Comment

My email was Friday too. Just for your information.

Comment

what was the other day you can take the written test besides oct 5th??? i hope that they will hire people off this new test and are not just refilling the roster. that would be a let down

Comment

My other option was Oct. 6th.
                          I heard they had over 4,000 applicants... I wonder how many were invited for the ability test and how many are invited to the written?

Comment

Does anyone know how the academy works? How long and if you stay overnight, can you come home at night if you want or what?
                            I don't have any certs. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 981kirk View Post
                              Does anyone know how the academy works? How long and if you stay overnight, can you come home at night if you want or what?
                              I don't have any certs. Thanks
                              Similar to the military. You go for 12 months and must stay at the academy. Family may visit twice. It proves you are hardcore.
                              FF/Paramedic

Comment

Originally posted by TNFF319 View Post
                                Similar to the military. You go for 12 months and must stay at the academy. Family may visit twice. It proves you are hardcore.
                                I think they moved it from North Nashville to Paris Island

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X