No announcement yet.

Long Beach - Laterals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sweet, that gives the lucky ones (hopefully me being 1 of them) enough time to still get a Southern California tan before Christmas.

Comment

Correct answer

Now that is how to take a situation and make it better. There are those who complain and the there are those who work it and get tans. Good luck to all who are applying.
      Respectfully,
      Jay Dudley
      Retired Fire
      Background Investigator
      IACOJ-Member
      Lifetime Member CSFA
      IAFF Alumni Member

Comment

Originally posted by JayDudley View Post
        Now that is how to take a situation and make it better. There are those who complain and the there are those who work it and get tans. Good luck to all who are applying.
        A 6 yo 8 week academy starting in October. Graduating would make one hell of a nice Christmas present.

Comment

Present

Good luck and I hope you get that present your looking for.
          Respectfully,
          Jay Dudley
          Retired Fire
          Background Investigator
          IACOJ-Member
          Lifetime Member CSFA
          IAFF Alumni Member

Comment

I am in the current process for the 2nd time now for the City of Long Beach. I currently work for Tampa Fire Rescue in Florida and as humble as I thought I was last year when I took my panel I never got asked to move on to the Chiefs. I always wondered why, but this post says a lot and it is VERY EXCELLENT advice to all who are trying to make a lateral move in their careers. Some of the questions I felt the need I had to explain myself thoroughly since I live in FLORIDA and already work but I will take a new approach next time around if I get that chance and only speak on if my current position if asked about it.

Question though:
            They ask "What have you done to prepare yourself for this career?" or any Questions in that subject matter where we are forced to answer about our current departments. How would you approach that question?

Comment

I am in the current process for the 2nd time now for the City of Long Beach. I currently work for Tampa Fire Rescue in Florida and as humble as I thought I was last year when I took my panel I never got asked to move on to the Chiefs. I always wondered why, but this post says a lot and it is VERY EXCELLENT advice to all who are trying to make a lateral move in their careers. Some of the questions I felt the need I had to explain myself thoroughly since I live in FLORIDA and already work but I will take a new approach next time around if I get that chance and only speak on if my current position if asked about it.

Question though:
              They ask "What have you done to prepare yourself for this career?" or any Questions in that subject matter where we are forced to answer about our current departments. How would you approach that question?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X