Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eligible states to test with nj license?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eligible states to test with nj license?

Hey guys. I've been following the forums for a couple of months now and if there is something I've gotten out of it is to start testing in as many places as possible. Just looking for some input on the places they know that a 25 year old with a NJ drivers license can test besides NJ and NY. Any info would be a great help. Thanks
    Last edited by smokejumperjay; 07-24-2010, 03:59 AM.

Hey I was in the same kind of situation. Tough competion up in the north east and overall lack of hiring, I went from NJ to a job down in Virginia. All I can say is start looking south. They didn't care about my current residency as long as I changed it all when I got hired. Plus they dont give out extra residency points or military points on exams, so that always helps even the field if those dont apply. I had guys in my class who had experience to guys that had never touched a fire truck. Just get used to doing ems and fire too.

Comment

You have to decide where you want to end up and do some leg work. There are tons of places that you can apply to if you are willing to move, but if you are trying to stay close to home it limits the opportunities. Carefully read the job announcements and call the HR offices to see what they require. Most will say that you need their state's drivers license at time of appointment so you'll be okay to test there.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I'll do some more digging around to see where opportunites are available to me.

Comment

like stated before....look south, I am from Nj and now work for a department in Va. I have tested any place I could from Nj to Sc, test test test. Trust me its very hard to get in just have to keep yourself a clean record. Dont let your head hang low if you get a sorry try again, trust me I have gotten that call alot! It will pay off if you want the job bad enough, may take time but it will happen. It has happned to me. Spent over 2 years testing and got the job in April of this year! Good luck...Work hard!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X