No announcement yet.

Orange County Florida Hiring 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for what its worth heard class of 25 in jan and poss another 25 soon after.

Comment

Has anyone heard anything since CPAT?

Comment

I called them about two weeks ago and they said they were just going through scheduling psych evals and they would let me know "sometime" whether or not I was moving on but I would be notified either way.
        Last edited by Gatorfireman; 12-27-2010, 05:26 PM.

Comment

I have called as well and I was told the same thing. However I know some with much lower test scores that have been moving through the process. I am just curious how they have chose who moved through and who didn't

Comment

I don't understand that quota stuff. I mean I know for a fact the number of people that applied that have experience is low. So why hire green firefighters when you have people with knowledge ready to go? It has to be cheaper for the dept. too. Whatever I guess I hope they call.

Comment

Originally posted by FireFuss
              The quota that I'm referring to has nothing to do with having experience on the job. Just take a look at who gets hired in their "non-certified cadet" classes.
              former county employees?

Comment

Originally posted by FireFuss
                .....I hope you're kidding.
                Firefuss I believe thats somewhat true...Last I heard, different departments within the county (human resources, water/sewage etc) were about to get laid off. The county gave them the option to be laid off, or become certified firefighters. The county put them through school and gave them jobs with the FD, even WITH all the people that are now applying these days "outside" of the county...

Comment

well that's great. Not really but I also understand why the county chooses to go that route. No one has answered the original question is there any word on if anyone that wasn't a previous employee has heard from them?

Comment

Originally posted by Gatorfireman View Post
                    ...is there any word on if anyone that wasn't a previous employee has heard from them?
                    Yes, they gave a friend of mine a conditional job offer a week or so ago. She just has to pass a psychological and medical exam to be officially hired.

I called several weeks ago about the next step since I had not heard anything since passing my CPAT in September. I was told they are processing people 10 at a time for background/fingerprints, and those ten were being chosen at random. They told me there is nothing that we can or need to do but wait to hear from them.

The word is, is that they are gonna do two classes of 35. One sometime in Jan/Feb, and another a couple months later. So those of us that haven’t heard from them aren’t necessarily out of the running just yet.

Comment

Thanks for the answer to the first question aaron. Random selection huh? That's interesting. Well I know that the city will be much more selective. I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Comment

Hey guys I heard Orange County was looking to start a hiring process come August. Anyone know if there is any truth to that? Please let me know!!!! Thanks
                        If you put out the fire, you won't have to jump out the window

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X