Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haz Mat Backround

Hi,
    I have been a volunteer fireman for almost three years now and back in feb i join the county haz mat response team. i am 19 and in college and i hope to become a paid fireman. i was wondering if the haz mat backround would help me when it comes to getting hired.

looks good on the resume,
    but the better thing is you are getting known, hopefuly for the good, at different departments.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

Originally posted by Pugsley67 View Post
      Hi,
      I have been a volunteer fireman for almost three years now and back in feb i join the county haz mat response team. i am 19 and in college and i hope to become a paid fireman. i was wondering if the haz mat backround would help me when it comes to getting hired.
      It all depends on where you are applying. In Virginia and Maryland all the cert's you have is just paper. Having it would help you if you did get hired.

If you get hired in either state you will take the classes and be certified by the State of Virginia or Maryland, which ever is the case, to their standards.
      Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by Pugsley67 View Post
        Hi,
        Yo "Pugs"!! It can't hurt! But a silver bullet IT IS NOT!! I'll tell you as a fellow "hazmatter" you've been trained in a discipline that is technical, is pertinent to what is happening today and will be helpful in your overall pursuit of this profession. BUT, don't stop there!! Continue your self development....continue to take courses like EMT and potentially, Paramedic training! And most importantly: learn how to take a test!! Practice...Practice..Practice how to take a written test, CPAT and the ever important INTERVIEW!! If you haven't started testing yet, get started!! You'll need the experience. But I applaud you for the hazmat training. It will serve you well in the years to come!!

"The Axeman"

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X