Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WRF11
    replied
    Well it is a very nice place to live let me give you the break down of Depts again.

Porland (largest city)- Fire & EMS you will be on the Ambulance.

Lewiston (2nd Largest)-ALL FIRE very limited EMS only to Cardiac Arrest and MVA's ect. No Ambulance.

Bangor (3rd Largest) Your going to medic school and will be on the Ambulance.

South Portland-Ambulance

Sanford-Hires Medics to run the Ambulance so you wouldnt have to do it there.

Wells-Town runs it's own Ambulance.

Saco/Biddeford/Old Orchard-Ambulance

Scarborough-Ambulance

Auburn-Just got rid of the Ambulance!!!

Augusta-Ambulance

Rockland-Ambulance

Brunswick/Bath- Ambulance

Waterville-No Ambulance but when I tested there in 2006 the pay was awful not sure if it changed at all.

Portland is a great job I would definatly test there but they just tested so it will like 2 years I think. Lewiston, Auburn, Sanford, Wells, Waterville is probably what you want to look into if you don't want much EMS. Budgets have been a problem just like everyone else in the country and there have been layoff's but most of these places have recently hired or will be shortly. I work in Lewiston I've been there 4 years any questions hit me up.

Leave a comment:

• charlie82
    replied
    Waterville does all fire, but responds to medicals with the rescue. So that may be a start. They are one of the larger departments.

Leave a comment:

• FWDbuff
    replied
    Originally posted by M1A2TankGunner View Post
    .not really intrested in doing the ambulance thing Id rather do a career type job..
    Then you have little hope of obtaining a career firefighting position.

Leave a comment:

• M1A2TankGunner
    replied
    My wife and I were talking about it the other day(moving to Maine). I live in Pa right now..not really intrested in doing the ambulance thing Id rather do a career type job..

Leave a comment:

• WRF11
    replied
    Are you currently a Maine resident or are you looking to move to the state? Do you want to ride the meat wagon? Most of the departments are combination career/call, even more have all call guys with maybe 1-3 guys that work days. There are not too many ALL career departments.

Leave a comment:

• CaptOldTimer
    replied
    Originally posted by M1A2TankGunner View Post
    Hey, does anyone know any paid fire departments in Maine? like Bangor or any of the other big cities?

Check them out here--->>> http://www.the911site.com/911lk/maine.shtml

Leave a comment:

• irish2522
    replied
    Bangor is taking applications for FF/EMT, must be in by July 23, 2010 4:30.

Leave a comment:

• charlie82
    replied
    Waterville, Augusta, Portland, Bangor, Brunswick, Lewiston to name a few.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefKN
    replied
    Castle Rock FD is hiring.

Leave a comment:

• legos.8ty7
    replied
    cant do an internet search?

Leave a comment:

• M1A2TankGunner
    started a topic Maine??

Maine??

Hey, does anyone know any paid fire departments in Maine? like Bangor or any of the other big cities?

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X