Maine??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maine??

Hey, does anyone know any paid fire departments in Maine? like Bangor or any of the other big cities?

cant do an internet search?

Comment

Castle Rock FD is hiring.
      I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Waterville, Augusta, Portland, Bangor, Brunswick, Lewiston to name a few.

Comment

Bangor is taking applications for FF/EMT, must be in by July 23, 2010 4:30.

Comment

Originally posted by M1A2TankGunner View Post
            Hey, does anyone know any paid fire departments in Maine? like Bangor or any of the other big cities?

Check them out here--->>> http://www.the911site.com/911lk/maine.shtml
            Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Are you currently a Maine resident or are you looking to move to the state? Do you want to ride the meat wagon? Most of the departments are combination career/call, even more have all call guys with maybe 1-3 guys that work days. There are not too many ALL career departments.

Comment

My wife and I were talking about it the other day(moving to Maine). I live in Pa right now..not really intrested in doing the ambulance thing Id rather do a career type job..

Comment

Originally posted by M1A2TankGunner View Post
                  .not really intrested in doing the ambulance thing Id rather do a career type job..
                  Then you have little hope of obtaining a career firefighting position.
                  "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Waterville does all fire, but responds to medicals with the rescue. So that may be a start. They are one of the larger departments.

Comment

Well it is a very nice place to live let me give you the break down of Depts again.

Porland (largest city)- Fire & EMS you will be on the Ambulance.

Lewiston (2nd Largest)-ALL FIRE very limited EMS only to Cardiac Arrest and MVA's ect. No Ambulance.

Bangor (3rd Largest) Your going to medic school and will be on the Ambulance.

South Portland-Ambulance

Sanford-Hires Medics to run the Ambulance so you wouldnt have to do it there.

Wells-Town runs it's own Ambulance.

Saco/Biddeford/Old Orchard-Ambulance

Scarborough-Ambulance

Auburn-Just got rid of the Ambulance!!!

Augusta-Ambulance

Rockland-Ambulance

Brunswick/Bath- Ambulance

Waterville-No Ambulance but when I tested there in 2006 the pay was awful not sure if it changed at all.

Portland is a great job I would definatly test there but they just tested so it will like 2 years I think. Lewiston, Auburn, Sanford, Wells, Waterville is probably what you want to look into if you don't want much EMS. Budgets have been a problem just like everyone else in the country and there have been layoff's but most of these places have recently hired or will be shortly. I work in Lewiston I've been there 4 years any questions hit me up.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X