Clear All

• BW21
    replied
    i think you can schedule at www.pearsonvue.com

Leave a comment:

• Deluge059
    replied
    Originally posted by edpmedic View Post
    Get that NR-P ASAP. I was a medic in NYC for a year before I started exploring other states for jobs. I took the Fairfax entrance exam in 11/06. They told me that I would only be considered a basic until I get the NR-P. I was making good money as a medic at the time, so I took my time getting the NR-P, not actually getting it until 8/07. They were good about scheduling the medical, poly, and psych on consecutive days since I lived out of state. I haven't seen a non medic hired since my class, the 126th. I had to take two polys, so maybe that's why they didn't call me with an offer for the 125th until the day after Christmas. It was too short notice, so I did the 126th. One of my former co-workers in NY got into the 117th after only a nine week process, since he already had his NR-P.

When you get the job offer, they'll file te PPW to get you Virginia reprocity. We do on duty EMS ConEd three times a year for 8 hours at our training center. We also do bubble cards for Jems articles, so Virginia and NR-P recerts are a piece of cake. No off duty adventures to conferences or hospitals are necessary.
    Yeah im starting to hit the books and go back over what I learned in Medic school. Im going to try and take it as soon as I can, but I have to check with the NR people to see when is the earliest I can take it.

Leave a comment:

• BW21
    replied
    make sure to study hard bro...
    I know a ton of guys who have spent 3 and 400 dollars to pass this new computer testing. I hear its pretty rough... Don't need to see another victim :-P

Its what.. 110 or something a shot now?

best wishes

Leave a comment:

• edpmedic
    replied
    Get that NR-P ASAP. I was a medic in NYC for a year before I started exploring other states for jobs. I took the Fairfax entrance exam in 11/06. They told me that I would only be considered a basic until I get the NR-P. I was making good money as a medic at the time, so I took my time getting the NR-P, not actually getting it until 8/07. They were good about scheduling the medical, poly, and psych on consecutive days since I lived out of state. I haven't seen a non medic hired since my class, the 126th. I had to take two polys, so maybe that's why they didn't call me with an offer for the 125th until the day after Christmas. It was too short notice, so I did the 126th. One of my former co-workers in NY got into the 117th after only a nine week process, since he already had his NR-P.

When you get the job offer, they'll file te PPW to get you Virginia reprocity. We do on duty EMS ConEd three times a year for 8 hours at our training center. We also do bubble cards for Jems articles, so Virginia and NR-P recerts are a piece of cake. No off duty adventures to conferences or hospitals are necessary.

Leave a comment:

• Deluge059
    replied
    Originally posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    Virginia uses the NREMT-P as the test for EMT-P certification.
    Thanks. They called me today and told me that same thing. I gotta hit the books!

Leave a comment:

• BoxAlarm187
    replied
    Virginia uses the NREMT-P as the test for EMT-P certification.

Leave a comment:

• Deluge059
    replied
    Better than Florida!

Leave a comment:

• mikeyboy
    replied
    Got It....

Ahhhhhhh, I see..... Our local accreditation says that you have to 1st pass the NRT before taking the local test.

Virginia is a beautiful state..... Enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

• Deluge059
    replied
    Originally posted by mikeyboy View Post
    You're a Nationally Registered Medic correct?

If so, then you should be able to use that and then challenge the local protocols through a written. They may even make you do a practical test.

If not, then it's gonna be a bit more of a challenge.
    Not Nationally Registered, yet. I will take the NREMT-P if they wont accept my Florida. I know they accept the NREMT-P no problem with no side-tests, thats why i'm wondering about my florida cert.

Leave a comment:

• mikeyboy
    replied
    National Registry

You're a Nationally Registered Medic correct?

If so, then you should be able to use that and then challenge the local protocols through a written. They may even make you do a practical test.

If not, then it's gonna be a bit more of a challenge.

Leave a comment:

• Deluge059
    started a topic Virginia Medic Reciprocity?

Virginia Medic Reciprocity?

I called the EMS office up there and left a message but they have yet to get back to me.
    I'm a Paramedic in FL with an Associates in EMS and was wondering if VA will accept my Medic License?
    Here:
    http://www.vdh.state.va.us/OEMS/Trai...eciprocity.htm
    It says they accept all BLS licenses, but on the whole website it doesnt really mention ALS, other than call.

Can anyone clarify?

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X