British Firefighters in the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• British Firefighters in the USA

It's been my dream for as long as I can remember to be a firefighter in a large US city, and as a British citizen I'm curious as to whether this is a relatively common practice for English people to be hired by US Fire Services.

Obviously a big hurdle will be the work permits and the relocation but I'm just curious as to whether anyone on here has been in a similar situation and gone on to succeed, and if so, how did you go about it?

Thanks a lot and much respect.

Sean,
    Get in contact with jeeves1 on here. I think he has alluded to having been with LFB and is in the process with Seattle.

Comment

I was a Dual National to begin with.You may have to marry a U.S citizen.My wife married me and still had trouble getting her visa.Nuff said!

Comment

Most places only require a Green Card. Only a handful require citizenship.

Either one is hard to get.

Comment

I got hired in 1988 with a guy that was an English citizen with a green card,he was 39 years old. Years later he became a citizen of the U.S. I coached a guy about 8 years ago that was also a green card holding Brit and he was hire by a major San Francisco bay area department.

Good Luck, Capt Rob
          Good Luck, Capt Rob
          www.myfireinterview.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse