No announcement yet.

Santa Clara County Fire Department

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Word is Santa Clara Co., Sac Metro, and Long Beach will be looking at some of them. Im sure theres alot of other smaller sized departments who are also looking at them as well, considering they could save some $$$ with an abbreviated academy to get them online.

Comment

Well after a weeks wait, I just got an email from the department that I have been selected to move on to the next phase, oral board interviews.

Any one have experience interviewing with SCCFD?

Jordan

Comment

It's only been a week and you got it. That was quick! Congrats and good luck!

Comment

Yep, I got my letter in the mail today! Now I need to brush up on my interviewing skills...

Comment

Anyone have any word on how many went forward and how many they are looking to get? I got my letter too. I'm very excited about this one in particular, having lived in SCC for my whole life.

Comment

Additional Interviews

i heard that SCCFD is interviewing more people then additionally thought. anyone know more about that or how many might move on after interviews are over?

Good luck to all who are interviewing!

Comment

Originally posted by allisonfire View Post
                i heard that SCCFD is interviewing more people then additionally thought. anyone know more about that or how many might move on after interviews are over?

Good luck to all who are interviewing!
                The woman who briefed me right before my oral said that they have done 21 a day, so over 10 days, 210. No word on how many move on past that though.

Comment

Any one know when they might be getting back those who interviewed with results?

Thanks

Comment

Post-interview

I think letters went out on monday regarding the next step in the hiring process. I recieved a letter yesterday and have heard of a few other people who have gotten letters too.

Comment

Any good news?

Comment

Scores are out. I heard from the #1 candidate that there are hiring 10 medics and 10 EMT's. Next is the background and psych.

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

More Tips on getting hired and promoted by Firehouse Contributing Author Fire “Captain Bob” Articles here:
                        http://www.firehouse.com/contact/10544410/bob-smith

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Comment

Tattoos

Just as a heads up for those on the list. If you have any sort of visible tattoo, no coverage of any kind is being allowed. If you have one that can be seen in shorts and a t-shirt (PT gear), they will probably ask to see it and it may remove you from the process.

Best of luck
                          Last edited by allisonfire; 10-24-2010, 08:45 PM.

Comment

updates?

anyone move on in the process after orals?

Comment

I placed 16th among the EMT's on the list. So I suppose that makes me #6 on the wait list.

Does any one know if they plan to hire again soon from the list? I would greatly appreciate any info with this regard.

Also, I was just accepted to interview for their volunteer program. Maybe this is the leg up that I need to get my career started.

Jordan

Comment

Has anyone been invited for an interview for the FF/ENG closing date of 11/27/13

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X