Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portland PF&R Interest - 2011

Hi all:

I'm new to this forum and firefighting and have been finding all the advice on this website very helpful in discerning whether or not firefighting would be a good career move. I've done some personal research into this and think it would something I would be very passionate and dedicated, too.

I'm currently working out of state in a completely different field and just started a six-month course for EMT-B to get ready to apply to PF&R trainee program. I am getting quite wary of corporate work life and very excited to enter this next stage. I had a couple of questions of which I hope some of you with more experience in the PF&R process can help with:

> When is the next expected recruitment supposed to be? Sometime in 2011? I have already signed up for the recruitment notification list but have no idea when PF&R will be looking for trainees.

> Do any of you have experience being hired to either PF&R or other places with no experience? I come from an engineering background.

> I am 28 years old and in pretty good shape, though I had a minor back injury a couple of years ago of which is getting better each year, but still doing PT at home. Would this be an issue in the medical evaluation? (if I ever get to that point!)

> Family firefighters out there: Any experience on what its like to be a firefighter with a family? (newborns, young kids)

Thank you very much! I'd very much appreciate any thoughts and input and hope to continue this converesation through this thread.

All the best,
    BChang
    Last edited by BChang; 07-15-2010, 04:02 PM.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X