Down to the top 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down to the top 25

I am down to the top 25 on a medium sized metro department. There are backgrounds, CPATs, and psychological interviews to go. Historically, how many do you all think will get eliminated during these final processes? I think I am on the cusp but am not sure. Captain Bob, I am looking in your direction sir.

Love,

Frank

im not trying to be a d!ck,

but who the hell knows. depends on how many the dept is hiring and the outcome of the 3 areas you said. there really isnt any "historical" statistics to it... i mean, all 25 can fail the pyscho/background, not likely but it could happen. everyone should pass the cpat. so its anybody's guess on how many theyll drop after each area. figure out about how many the dept is taking and do the math.

love, frank? i found that odd.

Comment

A simple I don't know would have sufficed.

Comment

do you know how many they are hiring??

normaly that many are not knocked out I would say not more then 5-8.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

It's a two year list and they have 15 stations. I don't know anybody that works there and it is out of state for me, so it's kind of hard to find out what their staffing looks like without calling a random station and annoying someone; I don’t really want to go that route. Although I am excited it is still probably a stretch that I’d get picked up.

Comment

i would call and be quick about it, let them know your out of state and just see what info they have. its not gonna hurt. dont try and make friends over the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by frankbarnes166 View Post
              It's a two year list and they have 15 stations. I don't know anybody that works there and it is out of state for me, so it's kind of hard to find out what their staffing looks like without calling a random station and annoying someone; I don’t really want to go that route. Although I am excited it is still probably a stretch that I’d get picked up.

Do they have a web site? I bet the City/County does and then the FD would have a link to them...

Just a suggestion, if you think he was harsh and busted your ballons in here, wait until you get in a fire house. Everything is game. Some can take it, some leave quickly.

I was in the top 6 once for Captain. Got 4 interviews and passed over three times before I finally got the job. Was I ticked? You betya!! Some of the drones he promoted ahead of me, self distructed!!!
              Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by frankbarnes166 View Post
                I am down to the top 25 on a medium sized metro department. There are backgrounds, CPATs, and psychological interviews to go. Historically, how many do you all think will get eliminated during these final processes? I think I am on the cusp but am not sure. Captain Bob, I am looking in your direction sir.

Love,

Frank
                Just got back from vacation to find your e-mail. Are you number 25 or one of 25 going forward? How many openings?

Still, one of 25 is great odds you don't see in today's economy. You want to maximize your opportunities. They will usually use the rule of 3 where they call in 3 candidates for each job opening because anything can happen in those last steps in the hiring process.

They will probably complete the background before they spend the $$$ to make a job offer contingent on passing the medical. And part of the medical will be the psych evaluation. This is where the wheels come off the wagon for too many candidates. You want to be prepared in advance for every step of the hiring process especially the psych.

How much time and treasure have you already spent to get to the point of getting a conditional job offer? Did you prepare for the written, agility, and the oral interview? Then, why doesn’t it make sense to prepare for the psych if noting more so you understand the process before you show up?

What would you do in this real situation? This psych topic was on a bulletin board when an agency sent out conditional job offers. Some candidates wrote that if they couldn’t pass the psych test without preparing they didn’t deserve the job.

This agency called 12 candidates in for the psych. Three passed. They called another 6 in for the psych. Two passed. They called another 6 in. Two passed. Most if not all the candidates had access to the information on how to prepare for their psych evaluation. The only candidates who passed were the ones who prepared for what to expect in their evaluation that turned out to be a badge.

You should have read the candidates who failed scream that it wasn’t fair. They were tricked. They let me shoot myself in the foot, etc.

"Nothing counts 'til you have the badge . . . Nothing!"

More Tips on getting hired and promoted by Firehouse Contributing Author Fire “Captain Bob” Articles here:
                http://www.firehouse.com/contact/10544410/bob-smith

Fire "Captain Bob"

www.eatstress.com

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse