Fdny ems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fdny ems

I see that FDNY EMS is hiring and was just wondering if anyone has info on the process and what it entails. Also I heard that you can get into the EMS and transfer to the FDNY, it true? I believe that I read on the one thread that the EMS side is a low paying spot, but that isnt a issue for me, so if anyone has info. and can point me in the right way w/ this I would appreciate it very much thanks.

Originally posted by FFEMTlieut804 View Post
    I see that FDNY EMS is hiring and was just wondering if anyone has info on the process and what it entails. Also I heard that you can get into the EMS and transfer to the FDNY, it true? I believe that I read on the one thread that the EMS side is a low paying spot, but that isnt a issue for me, so if anyone has info. and can point me in the right way w/ this I would appreciate it very much thanks.
    oh boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by FFEMTlieut804 View Post

You are a loo where??

Have you not seen the others threads in this section concerning the FDNY and EMS??

Most of the questions that you may desire, has been answered and discussed within them.

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

i was i lieut. in my local EMS dept. but i left b/c of my son being born. but no I have not seen the other threads on FDNY EMS, thats why I ask. So I'll seach the forum and go from there, but thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Calm, yes this **** again... lol, didnt know where to look,

Comment

Ruh roh raggy..

Last thread I read about this was 15+ pages long full of angry comments.

To answer your questions, yes and yes. You can apply by phone once you have your NYS EMT license (be it basic or medic), but you have to have your license in NY before you can apply. Reciprocity costs a little dough. Now take your yesses and run before the fire starts!

Comment

Originally posted by abeth86 View Post
              Ruh roh raggy..

Last thread I read about this was 15+ pages long full of angry comments.

To answer your questions, yes and yes. You can apply by phone once you have your NYS EMT license (be it basic or medic), but you have to have your license in NY before you can apply. Reciprocity costs a little dough. Now take your yesses and run before the fire starts!
              not to sound stupid but what fire?

Comment

Knock yourself out: http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...light=fdny+ems
                Career Firefighter
                Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
                I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

ah thanks GT

Comment

Hey bro,

Just went through the process... It takes about 4 months or so.. Get reciprocity to the state of NY ... depending on your cert level... emt was like $20? Apply over the phone... you then take a physical test which is a joke also includes a drug test... and then you are given a background investigation packet (which is like 40 pages) and then assigned an investigator and then meet with him to be fingerprinted, etc. You then take a psych test... it seemed every 5 questions or so the question "do you want to kill your self" would appear.. so its pretty much a joke too... then you move on to your medical exam...

If you live out of state like I did.. ( from ohio ) its pretty expensive to make all of the trips back and forth... but its whatever..

Hope I helped...

Any more questions just send me a PM..

Comment

Just a quick question if anyone knows. I'm applying this month for the fdny ems civil service exam. Assuming I get hired off the list, do they send you to their emt acadamy training even if you are a ny certified emt-b?

Comment

Yes, you must go through the TOP class. You must also take the state exam again to pass the academy.

also if you pass everything you should be hired provided you dont have any background issues or medical disqualifiers...

There is no written civil service test... its the exact same process as the provisional candidiates its just you will be classified as a civil service employee..

Comment

Cool thanx for the info..

Comment

Originally posted by BW21 View Post
                            Hey bro,

Just went through the process... It takes about 4 months or so.. Get reciprocity to the state of NY ... depending on your cert level... emt was like $20? Apply over the phone... you then take a physical test which is a joke also includes a drug test... and then you are given a background investigation packet (which is like 40 pages) and then assigned an investigator and then meet with him to be fingerprinted, etc. You then take a psych test... it seemed every 5 questions or so the question "do you want to kill your self" would appear.. so its pretty much a joke too... then you move on to your medical exam...

If you live out of state like I did.. ( from ohio ) its pretty expensive to make all of the trips back and forth... but its whatever..

Hope I helped...

Any more questions just send me a PM..
                            hey BW21, about how many times did you have to travel before starting?

Comment

5, one of each part of the test...and 1 time to check out places to live..
                              it got alittle costly...
                              If you live further than I did ,about 8-9 hours away.. so it was cheeper to drive every time) I would start saving now...

and FYI.. they dont give much notice for your testing dates.. ie... youll get a letter in the mail and they will want you there a week later or so...

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X