X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theaxemancometh
    replied
    Originally posted by wolfalicious View Post
    I am a recently laid off career ff from MI. I have applied in 4 places in CA that are accepting lateral moves. My question is are there special certs or things I need just for CA, like Florida? Or do I have a legit shot with current certs, including EMT_p?
    If you are a NREMT-P, I would suggest you check with the local EMS agencies to determine what the challenge process is for that particular region. As I'm sure you're aware, scope of practice changes from state to state, county to county, even if you have National Registry Certification. Customarily, most departments (at least in southern california) will help facilitate the cross certification/licensure and challenge process when they hire you, and usually pay all the associated fees. But generally speaking, with the difference in scope of practice, you have to be accredited by the local EMS agency and that means you have some hoops to jump through first!!

As far as firefighter certs go? I'd have to say if your certs are from out of state, they pretty much don't mean squat here! You can always contact the California State Fire Marshals Office and determine if they have any type of challenge process, but I don't think so!!

"The Axeman"
    Last edited by Theaxemancometh; 07-06-2010, 10:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JayDudley
    replied
    Laterals

If one of the cities is Long Beach I'd check and see. Their Civil Service Department should be able to help you.

Leave a comment:

• big_leauges
    started a topic California laterals

California laterals

I am a recently laid off career ff from MI. I have applied in 4 places in CA that are accepting lateral moves. My question is are there special certs or things I need just for CA, like Florida? Or do I have a legit shot with current certs, including EMT_p?

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X