• Show
Clear All

• Baltimore County Fire Department

Job Title: Probationary Firefighter
    Closing Date/Time: Fri. 08/13/10 4:30 PM Eastern Time
    Salary: $16.40 - $22.35 Hourly
    $34,102.00 - $46,484.00 Annually

Written Examination
    Applicants who meet the required job qualifications will be invited to take the written exam scheduled during the month of September.

QUESTION; this for a list or to hire?

Comment

http://governmentjobs.com/view_job.cfm?JobID=237178.

A list of eligible applicants will be established based on the examination as outlined.

Comment

the govt jobs website says you need a md license to apply, but the baltimore county website says you do not. which is it?

Comment

well on the govt. jobs website next to application status it says "schedule" under that its says 9/11/10 at 3pm...this is all fine and good, my question is where am I suppossed to be? Just wondering if anyone else has something similiar.

Comment

"Have a valid driver’s license equivalent to a non-provisional, non-commercial, Class C Maryland driver's license is required at the time of application"........

I believe this states that you are required to just have a valid license that is equivalent, in other words no you are not required to have a MD license

Comment

did anybody receive notification of the written exam? i understand that a few have via e-mail but i have yet too...

Comment

i got a letter in the mail last week saying to be there Aug. 28 to take the exam

Comment

Taking mine Sept. 11. Anyone know how many they plan on hiring off this list? Does the hiring go by how high you score on the written? All I could find on the site is the steps written,physical test,etc..

Comment

mines 9/25 at 10am, but i did not receive any info on where the test site is, or what i will need to bring with me. anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by esilliman View Post
                      mines 9/25 at 10am, but i did not receive any info on where the test site is, or what i will need to bring with me. anyone know?
                      Mine's at 1pm same day.

E-mail reads, "LOCATION - PUBLIC SAFETY BUILDING 700 E. JOPPA ROAD TOWSON MD 21286"

Comment

just got a verification email. same place.

Comment

going down saturday...i guess theres really nothing to study...i spoke with a recruiter and he said we will get results in 4-6 weeks...anyone know anything about the call backs for the physical test? he also said earliest academy date is set for january

Comment

Written test

I took the written on August 28th and it wasn't too bad. They said they'd be sending an email out to the people that chose to get email's and letters to the people that chose paper. There will be practice sessions for the physical portion and they recommended coming to the practice. They offered a power point presentation about the company and what the life is like in their department after the written test. Everyone will have to wait till they get all the tests scored before they send out letters for the physical ability.

Comment

I took the written 9/11 seemed like there are alot of names on the list to take this test, they said possibly an academy of 30 in January and something like 60 vacancies at this time.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X