Atlanta, GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlanta, GA

Just saw where ATL was accepting apps. Does anyone know if they still have the Fast Track program and anything else about the Departments operations and such. Thanks

ATL does not accept fast track applicants any more. If you do apply it is a full academy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugsley6485 View Post
      ATL does not accept fast track applicants any more. If you do apply it is a full academy.
      Correct. I have a friend who left us last year to go to Atlanta, fully certified and had to go all the way back through the academy.
      Career Firefighter
      Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
      I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

Where did you see that atl was hiring. They are about 1/3 of the way through their first recruit class off of the list they made. I was under the impression they werent gonna start hiring until they exahusted the list.

Comment

It is on thier website

http://www.atlantaga.gov/Government/Fire.aspx

Comment

Does ATL do transport EMS? Does anyone know the pay for a medic?
            FF/Paramedic

Comment

Thanks for the link. I just talked to some folks I Know who work for Atl and they said they will be making another list to fill in when this one runs out. Atlantas hiring process takes forever.

Comment

Atl does not transport

Comment

Sure thing. So will this list take the place of the old one or will they exhaust that one then move to a new one? What kind of time frame?

Comment

The new list should be in place to pick up right after the the old one is exhausted. The total time it takes from application to cpat to interview takes around 6-8 months. Its a lenghty process.

Comment

What is the shift schedule? What is the pay? Are there good schools?
                      FF/Paramedic

Comment

Originally posted by TNFF319 View Post
                        What is the pay?
                        According to the link posted... The beginning salary for a fire recruit is $32,132.79. After graduation from the Fire Academy, the starting yearly pay for a firefighter is $35,255.25.

Comment

Originally posted by TechRes-Q View Post
                          According to the link posted... The beginning salary for a fire recruit is $32,132.79. After graduation from the Fire Academy, the starting yearly pay for a firefighter is $35,255.25.
                          I was hopin someone knew the medic pay.
                          FF/Paramedic

Comment

Atlanta FD questions

Hi guys,

I received an email for the CPAT orientation. I live in Boston and before I make the trip down I was wondering if anyone in or around Atlanta can answer these questions for me.

1. Anyone know how many fire fighters they plan to hire?
                            2. Can anyone estimatimate the # of applicants? I ask because Chicago in 2006 had 22,000.
                            3. Is preference given to Atlanta residents, Vets, and people already certificated as FIRE 1, 2, or paramedic? I only have my EMT-Basic

I think that is it.

Thanks for any help.
                            -Brian

Comment

No idea how many they plan to hire or how many applications they got. The last test process they did not give preference for residency or qualifications.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X