Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Training Ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Ideas

What are some ideas of what your posts have done for training with explorers? Our post always asks for opinions of what we would like to learn and I haven't had a lot of experience with the fire service (and I am not afraid to admit that) so I am not sure what I would like to learn about. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    ~But with God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26~

~The very worst fire plan is no plan. The next worse is two plans. ~

~Stay Safe! Everyone Goes Home!~

Originally posted by Futureemt73193 View Post
    What are some ideas of what your posts have done for training with explorers? Our post always asks for opinions of what we would like to learn and I haven't had a lot of experience with the fire service (and I am not afraid to admit that) so I am not sure what I would like to learn about. Any ideas would be appreciated.
    I got your PM earlier and would be glad to send you everything that I have.

What's your email?
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Comment

I would like some ideas too. If anyone can help PM me.
      CADET WFPD

Comment

Originally posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
        I got your PM earlier and would be glad to send you everything that I have.

What's your email?
        Thanks. I wasn't sure if ya got it or not so I just posted. It is future_emt73193@yahoo.com

Comment

tranning

what did you have in mind?
          Quint 320 Yeah

Comment

training ideas

our dept is looking to put together drills also. I am open for any ideas also.

Comment

good drills

make them read the couplings to get out of the building and cross lines and make them mess up and put them on air if you are allowed and turn all the lights off thats what we did last week... hard as hell

Comment

Originally posted by Erfdlieutenant View Post
                what did you have in mind?
                Sorry. I just seen this was replied to. Haha. It doesn't really matter I have had some good idea's given to me. Just any ideas. Maybe some that you guys have done before and really liked or thought it helped. Sound good?

Frascella- We have actually tried that and it worked out awesome. I loved it.

Comment

training

Our explorer post just did Maday drills. We would follow the hose into the building while firefighters pounding on thing. Then we would get stuck and then pratcice calling mayday over the radio. Finally we would go up a small ramp and fall into an area and practice calling for mayday. This is fun if you get a training house or have an large area.

P.S dont use an airpack if you do the ramp part. You dont want to hurt your back.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Lower 970x90

Collapse

Lower 728x90