Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fireman2151
    replied
    All of our Junior FF's are assigned Red Cairns 1010 Helmets with Red Front Shields with Company#, Department name and Firefighter on it. As opposed to our non-interior Senior members who have black 1010s with the same red front. This set-up is based on color coding from our county's ICS/Accountability program.

The rest of the system is:
    Black Helmet/Black Shield- Interior Firefighter

White Helmet/White Shield- Officer Lt or higher
    This is changing to:
    Black Helmet/White Shield-Lt. & Capt.
    White Helmet/White Shield-Chiefs
    Due to the fact that there are way to many white hats running around with the inital system.
    Last edited by fireman2151; 03-08-2007, 11:30 AM. Reason: Additional Info

Leave a comment:

• backsteprescue
    replied
    Here are a few more that show what the helmet paint job looks like:

Leave a comment:

• st42stephenAFT
    replied
    we have shields in pt. beach. the explorers had their own made up, and are green made of cheap cardboard stuff that doesn't hold up well when wet....

but juniors have a normal material shield, however it's oragne. regular firefighters have black shields.

the other department in town also has yellow shields for officers, red for engineers and white for chiefs. my company has yellow, red and white helmets for our officers, engineers, and chiefs.

Leave a comment:

• mikie333
    replied
    We have the Cairns 1010, either a facesheid or goggles...

Leave a comment:

• t0asty
    replied
    We use the helmets on the far right at my post. Happy little fella. works nicely too when someone drops a spanner (not a fancy left handed one) on your head from 3 stories up.

Leave a comment:

• backsteprescue
    replied
    Here is the best picture I could find on my computer, the other helmets are all my Dad's.

I'll try and take some other pics and post them for ya as well.

Leave a comment:

• backsteprescue
    replied
    Originally posted by Firefighter2230 View Post
    hey RFRDxplorer any significance in the white that is on the front right of the helmet? I've seen a pictures before of some helmets like this does it serve a purpose?
    Yeah its on the front right and rear left of the helmet. It was painted this way for easy identification. Capt. (thats me) gets white shield and paint, Lt's get blue shield and paint. Its for easy id on scenes, at drills, etc.

At first I hated it, but it has kinda grown on me.

Leave a comment:

• Firefighter2230
    replied
    hey RFRDxplorer any significance in the white that is on the front right of the helmet? I've seen a pictures before of some helmets like this does it serve a purpose?

Leave a comment:

• t0asty
    replied
    all the explorer fronts are the same. Fire Explorer on top post number then department. happy times.

Leave a comment:

• whitesox4life
    replied
    My junior department's helmet fronts are the same as the senior members except for the color. All seniors (except chief and *** chief) are black. Jrs are red (Jr. chief and *** chief are blue).

Leave a comment:

• backsteprescue
    replied
    Kyle's picture above shows what our normal explorer's helmet fronts look like.

I'll try to get a pic of one of our Lt's shields to post if I can.

Leave a comment:

• Jonnee
    replied
    Originally posted by jrscvfs View Post
    ok this is a general question, does yalls helmets have helmet fronts. here, regular ffs do but jrs dont.

Since I am not a general, I may not be able to answer this question. I am a Captain, but all helmets should have front pieces, aka shields, on them to identify the member from which company their are assigned to.

Leave a comment:

• CgFireFighter09
    replied
    yea but only the threee officers im one of them

Leave a comment:

• backsteprescue
    replied
    I am from the same post as Kyle but here is my helmet front.

(My capts. shield is different then the Lt and Explorer shields)

Leave a comment:

• RFxplr326
    replied
    Originally posted by jrscvfs View Post
    ok this is a general question, does yalls helmets have helmet fronts. here, regular ffs do but jrs dont.
    Yeah. Our post has leather fronts with our post name, post number (790), and last name.
    Here's a picture of my helmet:http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...6/P1010043.jpg
    And here's one of just my front (it's not really red like it shows, I just took the picture with a red light): http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o3/RFxplr326/hel.jpg

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X