helmet fronts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• helmet fronts

ok this is a general question, does yalls helmets have helmet fronts. here, regular ffs do but jrs dont.

Originally posted by jrscvfs View Post
    ok this is a general question, does yalls helmets have helmet fronts. here, regular ffs do but jrs dont.
    Yeah. Our post has leather fronts with our post name, post number (790), and last name.
    Here's a picture of my helmet:http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...6/P1010043.jpg
    And here's one of just my front (it's not really red like it shows, I just took the picture with a red light): http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o3/RFxplr326/hel.jpg
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Comment

I am from the same post as Kyle but here is my helmet front.

(My capts. shield is different then the Lt and Explorer shields)

------------------------------------
      These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

yea but only the threee officers im one of them

Comment

Originally posted by jrscvfs View Post

Since I am not a general, I may not be able to answer this question. I am a Captain, but all helmets should have front pieces, aka shields, on them to identify the member from which company their are assigned to.

Comment

Kyle's picture above shows what our normal explorer's helmet fronts look like.

I'll try to get a pic of one of our Lt's shields to post if I can.
            These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

My junior department's helmet fronts are the same as the senior members except for the color. All seniors (except chief and *** chief) are black. Jrs are red (Jr. chief and *** chief are blue).

Comment

all the explorer fronts are the same. Fire Explorer on top post number then department. happy times.
                "...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
                For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
                Shall be my brother;..." - King Henry V - Shakespeare

Originally posted by Catch22
                It's not the brightest thing to come into a topic and try to provoke a bunch of guys/gals with more time on the firehouse crapper than you do in the firehouse.
                "crispitycrunchitypeanutbuttery t0ast" - DFurtman

Comment

hey RFRDxplorer any significance in the white that is on the front right of the helmet? I've seen a pictures before of some helmets like this does it serve a purpose?

Comment

Originally posted by Firefighter2230 View Post
                    hey RFRDxplorer any significance in the white that is on the front right of the helmet? I've seen a pictures before of some helmets like this does it serve a purpose?
                    Yeah its on the front right and rear left of the helmet. It was painted this way for easy identification. Capt. (thats me) gets white shield and paint, Lt's get blue shield and paint. Its for easy id on scenes, at drills, etc.

At first I hated it, but it has kinda grown on me.

Comment

Here is the best picture I could find on my computer, the other helmets are all my Dad's.

I'll try and take some other pics and post them for ya as well.

Comment

We use the helmets on the far right at my post. Happy little fella. works nicely too when someone drops a spanner (not a fancy left handed one) on your head from 3 stories up.
                        "...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
                        For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
                        Shall be my brother;..." - King Henry V - Shakespeare

Originally posted by Catch22
                        It's not the brightest thing to come into a topic and try to provoke a bunch of guys/gals with more time on the firehouse crapper than you do in the firehouse.
                        "crispitycrunchitypeanutbuttery t0ast" - DFurtman

Comment

We have the Cairns 1010, either a facesheid or goggles...

Comment

we have shields in pt. beach. the explorers had their own made up, and are green made of cheap cardboard stuff that doesn't hold up well when wet....

but juniors have a normal material shield, however it's oragne. regular firefighters have black shields.

the other department in town also has yellow shields for officers, red for engineers and white for chiefs. my company has yellow, red and white helmets for our officers, engineers, and chiefs.

Comment

Here are a few more that show what the helmet paint job looks like:

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X