Maze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maze

my post's head advisor is setting up a maze any tips on how to make it through it

follow the hose line, don't panic, and keep you're cool.

Comment

Keep talking to your partner.
      You will get disoriented, so keep your cool.
      If you're the lead man, never lose contact with the wall (ALWAYS keep your hand along the base of the wall).
      If you're the second man back, make sure you can have contact your lead man's foot. Some people will tell you to hold on to it the whole time but I think it adds stress on the lead man. Syncronise your self with your lead man but make sure once in a while you can touch his foot. Make sure he's not going too fast.
      Firefighter/EMT
      My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Comment

whether your the lead man or not, get a robe or webbing that you and your partner can each hold an end of, you wont lose each other that way and you can stay like 5 feet apart. Also make sure you stay to the walls, always sweeping the ground and keeping a foot or hand on the wall. If they latch something onto your pack or gear tell your partner to help you get it off, if your going to have a pack on, make sure you know how to do the manuevers to get through tight spaces.

Good luck.

Comment

There are countless tips that you could use, but for your first time, just remember to be calm, breathe (it's eaiser to forget than you think), talk to your partner (to conserve air and to maintain contact with him), and take any advice that your advisors/older explorers give you. They will tell you how your dept. does searches (they are mostly the same, but there are some minor variations everywhere you go).
          ------------------------------------
          These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
          ------------------------------------

Comment

What the others said and include try to push obstacles out of the way before going around them.
            When going through FF Survival and escape training a couple years ago,we watched as guys in the training area would encounter a lounge chair or table(we were using a fenced in outdoor patio to simulate the "burning room")and try to move around the obstacle.The instructors would wait until they broke contact with the wall and then move the chair farther and farther from the wall until they were totally confused and disoriented."Call in the RIT crew!"
            STAY IN CONTACT WITH THE WALL was the lesson learned.Keep contact with your partner and always let him/her know what you are doing or have found.This is irregardless of your job-front man or backup.Communicate with your buddy and you'll both notice if you get lost or lose touch with each other a lot sooner.
            As the trainers would holler at us"The word for today is....."and the response was"TEAMWORK!".

Comment

keep calm, think clearly, act decisively, dont let go of the wall, dont think you traped in a small place or you will start to panic
              www.wildlandfire.com
              Up To Date Wildland Fire Information

Comment

im an Explorer in the Levittown Fire Department. we do extremly minor mazes with black out masks. basically Scott masks with sanded lenses. most i can say is that if u use one of those beepers, after a while, it seems to be coming from every direction. tell your partner to take a minute, and try to focuson the sound. also, search everywhere. Several other Explorers were searching coat rack, and missed 2 ppl b/c they didnt search well enough. I touched both of them but stopped b/c i lost my partner and freaked out a bit. try to stay calm, and lay your hand on every surface.

Chris

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X