not meant to be a stupid ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not meant to be a stupid ?

ok, this is not meant to be a stupid or smart butt question, but here where i live(middle of no where tenn.) there are no explorer programs, but i have heard of the term explorer and i see on here, so what i am askin is, what exactly is an explorer, ie what do yall do, are u like jr firefighters, etc. like i said, this is not meant to be a stupid question.

Explorers are like junior firefighters, but are sanctioned by and affiliated with the Boy Scouts of America. You do not have to be a Boy Scout per se to join an Explorer post...it's a different branch of the organization. But all Explorers are technically members of the BSA and as such pay the appropriate dues, follow a standard set of rules, and are covered by the BSA's insurance, which removes some of the liability from the individual fire department.

Fire departments may choose to establish an Explorer post, or may just have some other form of junior firefighter program. They will both do pretty much the same kinds of activities.
    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

Originally posted by dmleblanc View Post
      Explorers are like junior firefighters, but are sanctioned by and affiliated with the Boy Scouts of America. You do not have to be a Boy Scout per se to join an Explorer post...it's a different branch of the organization. But all Explorers are technically members of the BSA and as such pay the appropriate dues, follow a standard set of rules, and are covered by the BSA's insurance, which removes some of the liability from the individual fire department.

Fire departments may choose to establish an Explorer post, or may just have some other form of junior firefighter program. They will both do pretty much the same kinds of activities.
      He's pretty much summered it up here. If you have any other questions, PM me, shoot me an email, just post something here or whatever.
      ------------------------------------
      These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
      ------------------------------------

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X