In need of a pager.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In need of a pager.

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone would have or know of someone that has a fire pager for sale. There is currently a waiting list for the fire pagers at our department. Obviously the juniors are at the bottom of the list. I'm not expecting a brand spanking new pager either. I was thinking of a used one, but have had no luck buying them.

My fire frequency is 33.800 or 33.860

Thanks

Marc Jacklitch
    Marc Jacklitch
    Junior Firefighter
    Station: 286
    McKeesport, Pennsylvania

you could also look for a used scanner, or new one, from ebay, radio shack, wal mart etc.

Just a suggestion

Comment

I already have a scanner. But I had lugging the thing around. Another problem that I have is that I don't wake up if we get a call in the morning or something.
      Marc Jacklitch
      Junior Firefighter
      McKeesport, Pennsylvania

Comment

Contact me at 802 793 5319.

I can get you what you need.
        Originally posted by ThNozzleMan
        Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
        FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Comment

How much are we talking?
          Marc Jacklitch
          Junior Firefighter
          McKeesport, Pennsylvania

Comment

In need if a pager

OK i have question why does a junior need a fire pager no disrespect but can you respond to calls in your POV, do you have any certifications that will allow to fight fire or help someone? and why do you really need a fire pager.

Comment

Originally posted by FLexplorer305 View Post
              OK i have question why does a junior need a fire pager no disrespect but can you respond to calls in your POV, do you have any certifications that will allow to fight fire or help someone? and why do you really need a fire pager.
              Chill out.

If he wants to buy a pager, it's not up to you to decide if he needs it or not. Looking at your username, you're an Explorer...Back off.
              Originally posted by ThNozzleMan
              Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
              FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by FLexplorer305 View Post
                My post is supposed to have pagers. We just haven't bought new batteries for them yet. One of our guys does have a pager (RFRDxplorer), just not the rest of us... yet. Hope to soon though.
                Why? For listening. Exact same thing you do with a scanner but it's mobile just like Marc said. No, we can't respond in our POV and I don't have any certs other than CPR.
                Firefighter/EMT
                My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Comment

Originally posted by Res343cue View Post
                  Chill out.

If he wants to buy a pager, it's not up to you to decide if he needs it or not. Looking at your username, you're an Explorer...Back off.
                  What he said...

I am an explorer, but am the only one on the post that has one. I wear it around town. There are times to wear it and time to not.
                  ------------------------------------
                  These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
                  ------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
                    What he said...

I am an explorer, but am the only one on the post that has one. I wear it around town. There are times to wear it and time to not.
                    RFRD...geez, when are you gonna turn 18? Seems like you've been on the forums for several years....Did you start when you were 5 or something?
                    Chief Dwayne LeBlanc
                    Paincourtville Volunteer Fire Department
                    Paincourtville, LA

"I have a dream. It's not a big dream, it's just a little dream. My dream — and I hope you don't find this too crazy — is that I would like the people of this community to feel that if, God forbid, there were a fire, calling the fire department would actually be a wise thing to do. You can't have people, if their houses are burning down, saying, 'Whatever you do, don't call the fire department!' That would be bad."
                    — C.D. Bales, "Roxanne"

Comment

i need of a pager

i was just wondering

Comment

Geez. I didn't mean to get flamed so much.. I was just asking a question. And what does a junior need a pager for? Well let's see. I would like to answer as many calls as I can. I need the experience. A perfect example was the other day about me not hearing it. It was about 6 o'clock in the morning and we got toned out for a possible structure fire. ( Kitchen Fire ) nothing big, but still. I could have went and learned something,.
                        Marc Jacklitch
                        Junior Firefighter
                        McKeesport, Pennsylvania

Comment

Originally posted by Marc9118 View Post
                          Geez. I didn't mean to get flamed so much.. I was just asking a question. And what does a junior need a pager for? Well let's see. I would like to answer as many calls as I can. I need the experience. A perfect example was the other day about me not hearing it. It was about 6 o'clock in the morning and we got toned out for a possible structure fire. ( Kitchen Fire ) nothing big, but still. I could have went and learned something,.

I'm not protesting. It's deffinately a good idea. It would be cool if I had mine but I don't really need it because we can't respond like you can.
                          Mckeesport... how far you from Millvale/North Hills area? (off the subject I know but just wondering)
                          Firefighter/EMT
                          My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Comment

Look for a minitor two or something they arent too much money.

Also, just out of curiousity how do juniors and explorers respond to a call if you cant drive... by the time you get there on like a bike i would hope your truck already left...

Comment

my post

at my stationwe are given pagers, but if you read my other post, youll see that beyond involved structures, anything is fair game. so as long as its not structure, we actually full firemen.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X