ride outs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ride outs

out of you that have done a ride out with your truck or engine co, how many of you get to pull lines and fight fire and go cut 4x4s and all that good stuff. because a few years back when i was a Cadet i only knew of one district that let the cadets do all that.

we can do ride outs after we pass a test and after you hae been there a while. i have only gone on one but its fun

Comment

did you get to pretty much be a firefighter or did you just watch.

Comment

we can do almost everything except go interior on a fire
        www.wildlandfire.com
        Up To Date Wildland Fire Information

Comment

yeah

yeah i got to do everything that everybody else got to do on the truck! i did auto extrications, interior attack, ladder work, overhaul, and alot more! they pretty much counted me as man power on the trucks! i rode on heavy resuce, engine, ladder, and medic! so i got to do all that fun stuff!

Comment

1. whats a ride out and if ur on an exlp. or jr. post why dont they let u do it anyway..b/c on my dept. i get 2 do evrything but int. ff as it so yeah lol

Comment

ride outs

We are allowed to catch hydrants, fight brush fires, and hand tools to the firefighters. Also you can go to Medical Calls if you have 1st responder classes.... Other things when you ride with different advisers.

Comment

perez51, a ride out is where you go to your station and pretty much do a shift with the dept, most places you can start at 6 or 7am and you have to be gone by 10,11pm ish,it verys on time. And if your on a exlp. or jr. post most of the time they will not let you go interior because its a IDLH and if you got hurt or worst your dept would be in deep ****. firfightir is the 1st person i have ever heard of being a exlpore or jr that got to go interior.

Comment

Originally posted by perez51
                  1. whats a ride out and if ur on an exlp. or jr. post why dont they let u do it anyway..b/c on my dept. i get 2 do evrything but int. ff as it so yeah lol
                  Ride outs are AKA ride alongs. Some post's SOGs/SOPs differ. Not all posts are the same. Like here, we can't do anything that puts us in danger (ie Interior Firefighting, touching patients on medical runs). On a fire scene alls we do is run tools up (I've never been called out so I can't really explain it).

To gain respect on the forums, use proper english. Just thoguht I'd let you know because some people on here really lay into people for not using proper grammer and such.
                  Firefighter/EMT
                  My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Comment

Our explorers must first demonstrate that they can handle themselves on a call and know what they are doing. Then they get an accountability tag that they give to the OIC of the truck when they get on. They do everything but go interior or enter a collapse zone. Of course they only get to ride hydrant seat on the truck. or in the back of the rescue.
                    FireFighter/EMT
                    Rescue 1

IACOJ
                    FTM-PTB

Comment

ride

once we are cleared or quized on the equipment and general knollage of the trucks we are allowed to respond to calls in POVs and all the trucks, I just cant respond to ems, hazmat, and MVAs.

Comment

oo truuu....so basicly u guys do wut i do jus about evryday ...but ya i cnt do int either..

Comment

We had a green one but the wheels fell off

Originally posted by perez51 View Post
                          oo truuu....so basicly u guys do wut i do jus about evryday ...but ya i cnt do int either..
                          And the next post will be in Swahili!

Comment

Originally posted by 2andfrom View Post
                            And the next post will be in Swahili!
                            well sorry i am 2 lazy to type everyword out ..i take shortcuts lmao

Comment

Originally posted by perez51 View Post
                              well sorry i am 2 lazy to type everyword out ..i take shortcuts lmao
                              I hope that you do not fill out job applications that way or you will be wondering "Y U "didn't get the job and not lmao.
                              Most of the people that post here use standard received English because too many acronyms are different from place to place.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X