Mock Disaster 2007!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mock Disaster 2007!

As usual, the Bedford Fire/Rescue Explorers will be holding their Mock Disaster event again this year. The date will be May 26 and it will be an all day event. I am posting this in hopes of getting some new posts to join our annual activity. If there are any posts within a reasonable distance of Monroe, MI, that would like to attend, please reply to this and I can give you some more information about the event. Also, if any readers have scenarios from their Mock Disaster (including the large disaster) that they would like to share with me, please email me at [email protected] . If any one has any questions/comments/etc, please reply to this and I will answer them promptly.
    Kyle
    Bedford Fire/Rescue Explorer Post #547
    -Post Cheif
    -Treasurer
    -Mock Disaster Site Planner & Event Coordinator

Originally posted by KTorak View Post
    As usual, the Bedford Fire/Rescue Explorers will be holding their Mock Disaster event again this year. The date will be May 26 and it will be an all day event. I am posting this in hopes of getting some new posts to join our annual activity. If there are any posts within a reasonable distance of Monroe, MI, that would like to attend, please reply to this and I can give you some more information about the event. Also, if any readers have scenarios from their Mock Disaster (including the large disaster) that they would like to share with me, please email me at [email protected] . If any one has any questions/comments/etc, please reply to this and I will answer them promptly.
    OOOOOOO,

Can I go! Can I go! Can I go!

Pleeease!

The email will be coming sometime soon.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

Originally posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
      OOOOOOO,

Can I go! Can I go! Can I go!

Pleeease!

The email will be coming sometime soon.
      Ofcourse Rossford is invited again...I just haven't got around to inviting everyone who usually comes yet.
      Kyle
      -Post Cheif
      -Treasurer

Comment

The countdown begins... 129 Days.
        Firefighter/EMT
        My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Comment

hey i live in tennessee, if im outta school and happen to wonder up there thatbe cool

Comment

Originally posted by jrscvfs View Post
            hey i live in tennessee, if im outta school and happen to wonder up there thatbe cool
            Here are some more threads about our Mock Disaster Day....

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...k+disaster+day

http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=81016

It began at 365 days for me.
            These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

Originally posted by RFRDxplorer View Post

It began at 365 days for me.

Haha! Nice.

Now I'm just adding random words so it will let me sumbit it...
              Firefighter/EMT
              My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Comment

I just remembered my idea about having each post have two-way radios for inter station communication. I'm gonna have to bring that up at our next committee meeting :-D Hopefully we are going to be using Radios similar to last year as well...but we haven't got that far yet.
                Kyle
                -Post Cheif
                -Treasurer

Comment

Originally posted by KTorak View Post
                  I just remembered my idea about having each post have two-way radios for inter station communication. I'm gonna have to bring that up at our next committee meeting :-D Hopefully we are going to be using Radios similar to last year as well...but we haven't got that far yet.
                  Yeah we did that last year... we just took the radios that were on our Rescue Truck. We brought that up last meeting too. We're going to look at buying a few of them as well as using what we already have.

It's a VERY good idea.
                  Firefighter/EMT

Comment

I'm gonna bring it up soon because we use old VHF radios from out department when we do Scout-o-Rama (the weekend before MD) and when we do First Aid at fair. Those hold a charge well (plus we have like 12) and they don't have any dead spots on the grounds. But we should use them because it's impossible for us to find groups when they get split up at say the mass casualty event because only the officers on the trucks carry radios. But I need to remember to bring it up at the M.D. meeting.
                    Kyle
                    -Post Cheif
                    -Treasurer

Comment

AAAHHH yes. Mock Disaster Day/Opp.Prom Night/Shattered dreams.. My favorite time of the year.. The only time to make teens cry, because the **** that we show during our demos, really does happen.
                      Station 4-5-2
                      Paradise Pennsylvania.
                      Firefighter/EMT

Comment

Originally posted by summermist21FD View Post
                        AAAHHH yes. Mock Disaster Day/Opp.Prom Night/Shattered dreams.. My favorite time of the year.. The only time to make teens cry, because the **** that we show during our demos, really does happen.
                        It's not really like that. But it is in a way. If you don't know what it is... I'll explain it...

It's an all day event for explorers (usually 4-5 fire/ems posts and 1 police cadet post participates). It's at the Monroe County, MI fairgrounds. We run code-3 on EMS runs and fire runs. We have live car fires, smoke mazes, and the EMS runs are moulaged kids "trapped" in car accidents and even kids that have fallen from trees. We have one big disaster in the middle of the event. The past ones have include a tornado touchdown, suicide bombers in the grandstands, and an earthquake. We bring in Life Flight too.
                        Firefighter/EMT

Comment

Originally posted by RFxplr326 View Post
                          It's not really like that. But it is in a way. If you don't know what it is... I'll explain it...

It's an all day event for explorers (usually 4-5 fire/ems posts and 1 police cadet post participates). It's at the Monroe County, MI fairgrounds. We run code-3 on EMS runs and fire runs. We have live car fires, smoke mazes, and the EMS runs are moulaged kids "trapped" in car accidents and even kids that have fallen from trees. We have one big disaster in the middle of the event. The past ones have include a tornado touchdown, suicide bombers in the grandstands, and an earthquake. We bring in Life Flight too.

umm actucally I do know what it is. but, okay.
                          Atleast thats what our Mock Disaster Days are on.
                          Station 4-5-2
                          Paradise Pennsylvania.
                          Firefighter/EMT

Comment

Oh. Alrighty then.
                            Firefighter/EMT

Comment

ROF-LMFAO!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X