No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone?

im so mad, tonight was my first meeting, and it got cancelled due to a big USAR callout, and training etc.

Originally posted by AFDExplorer View Post
    Can explorers usually choose what they ride on for ridealongs?

Comment

anyone?

im so mad, tonight was my first meeting, and it got cancelled due to a big USAR callout, and training etc.
      Not that I'm ignoring your question... I don't have an answer to it. The ride alongs I do, I ride with a Medic-Engine crew.
      Basically it's two medics on a mini-pumper that respond 0800-1700 monday-friday

That sucks about your meeting, though.
      What was the USAR called out for?
      Firefighter/EMT
      My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Comment

anyone?

You will have that though, it is a FIRE DEPARTMENT and there first job is to help John Q. Public. Our meetings are interrupted by calls fairly often, but its there job. Usually at least one of our advisors tries to stay, but if its a good call or they need a medic, they will go. This leaves the drill to the officers or advisors from other departments.

Your time will come young grasshopper..
        ------------------------------------
        These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

purse snatcher was driving away from PD, and bailed the car, and it was pitch black so he thought he could jump a fence as it would be solid ground, he then found out it was a Wash / Ravine. He only broke both legs and i think a arm, plus scrapes and bruises.

Originally posted by RFxplr326 View Post
          Not that I'm ignoring your question... I don't have an answer to it. The ride alongs I do, I ride with a Medic-Engine crew.
          Basically it's two medics on a mini-pumper that respond 0800-1700 monday-friday

That sucks about your meeting, though.
          What was the USAR called out for?

Comment

purse snatcher was driving away from PD, and bailed the car, and it was pitch black so he thought he could jump a fence as it would be solid ground, he then found out it was a Wash / Ravine. He only broke both legs and i think a arm, plus scrapes and bruises.
            Only broke both legs? That's pretty serious dude. My Dad scared an ER nurse to death when she swore that there was no such thing as two compound femur fractures. He said "Oh really?" and whipped the cot sheet back. The nurse ran away and my Dad never saw her again.
            These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

What kind of ER nurse would say that. You have two femurs, there is every liklihood that in a serious enough mishap, you could break them both. Maybe it's a good thing she ran away and no one saw her again.

Comment

newbie.....

i was wondering what extra qualifications you guys recomend, and if possible explain them......and extra credit if you can tell me how to get them....by the way im in PA if that helps at all.....thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jerry4184 View Post
                  What kind of ER nurse would say that. You have two femurs, there is every liklihood that in a serious enough mishap, you could break them both. Maybe it's a good thing she ran away and no one saw her again.
                  She thought that since she was the ER Nurse and my Dad and his crew were "just EMTs" that they couldn't possibly be right. And yeah you're right, if you have two of them, wouldn't you think that it was possible for them both to be broken? If everyone smart, the world would be a very boring place........and call volume would drop to virutally nothing.

Comment

had my first meeting tonight. pretty awesome. we did a controlled strcuture fire practicing ventilation and ladders.

Originally posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
                    She thought that since she was the ER Nurse and my Dad and his crew were "just EMTs" that they couldn't possibly be right. And yeah you're right, if you have two of them, wouldn't you think that it was possible for them both to be broken? If everyone smart, the world would be a very boring place........and call volume would drop to virutally nothing.

Comment

had my first meeting tonight. pretty awesome. we did a controlled strcuture fire practicing ventilation and ladders.
                      Sweet!!!!! What did you think?

Comment

Lucky. My first meeting was just watching the others dawn SCBA and do some Search and Rescue.
                        "...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
                        For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
                        Shall be my brother;..." - King Henry V - Shakespeare

Originally posted by Catch22
                        It's not the brightest thing to come into a topic and try to provoke a bunch of guys/gals with more time on the firehouse crapper than you do in the firehouse.
                        "crispitycrunchitypeanutbuttery t0ast" - DFurtman

Comment

Originally posted by GTRider245 View Post
                          I am wondering the same thing. What does HIPA have to do with riding along?
                          I would assume that, possibly, on a call, one would see a patient and therefor must respect their rights to privacy?
                          Well, if the department bills patients for providing service, I suppose that would be true.
                          However, most FDs don't bill for medical-aid calls, therefore they would not be subject to HIPAA.

Does the department require that those wanting to do a ride-along as a civilian take a HIPAA class, too? It could be argued that a civilian who goes on a call riding an an apparatus, sees something, and later talks about it, mentioning specific details, would be a vicarious violation of HIPAA...
                          Where O where does the HIPAA madness end????
                          My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Comment

Originally posted by the1141man View Post
                            Apparently, HIPAA has gone down into a bottomless pit!! Once you jump on their bandwagon, you will never be seen again(or at least no one will listen to you again).
                            Just someone trying to help! (And by the way....Thanks for YOUR help!)

Aggressive does not have to equal stupid.

** "The comments made here are this person's views and possibly that of the organizations to which I am affiliated" **

Comment

yeah we get no ride alongs because of hipa, yet but the BC is trying to fix it

Comment

Originally posted by the1141man View Post

what in the hell is the HIPAA lmao...apparently they dnt *** wit my dept...tht i kno of

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X