No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi everyone,
    I am a brand brand new explorer to my post, and not even gone to my first meeting yet. I have a few questions though, do most posts give you your helmet and turnout gear?

I have a couple more but will post in a while.

Thanks

Originally posted by AFDExplorer View Post
    hi everyone,
    I am a brand brand new explorer to my post, and not even gone to my first meeting yet. I have a few questions though, do most posts give you your helmet and turnout gear?

Thanks
    Welcome...
    Yes most posts supply helmet and gear. And most of them also supply Nomex hoods and fire fighting gloves too.

You pretty much buy all the other extras like Webbing, Mechanics/Extrication gloves, flashlight, and knives. But those aren't required (at my post atleast, I don't know of any other posts that require those anyways)
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Comment

Most explorer posts

Yeah most explorer post do give you your stuf unless you want somthing extra and the fire dept your with dont have it well thats with mine. By the way what fire dept are you with?
      ashevillefireexplorers.co.nr

Comment

hi everyone,

Thanks
        Keep posting em! We're glad to help.

P.S.- RFxplr and I are on the same post, so for everyones sake, I won't repost what he already said.
        ------------------------------------
        These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
        ------------------------------------

Comment

I was talking to my post advisor and he was saying no ridealongs because of HIPA, untill i pass my test which will be about 1 year. Is this normal with alll post?

Comment

Yah that is normal. Just learn right now ask questions on how to do stuff then after you know a bit then ask about the funer stuff. (i love my grammer)
            "...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
            For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
            Shall be my brother;..." - King Henry V - Shakespeare

Originally posted by Catch22
            It's not the brightest thing to come into a topic and try to provoke a bunch of guys/gals with more time on the firehouse crapper than you do in the firehouse.
            "crispitycrunchitypeanutbuttery t0ast" - DFurtman

Comment

I was talking to my post advisor and he was saying no ridealongs because of HIPA, untill i pass my test which will be about 1 year. Is this normal with alll post?
              damn, that sucks. every year (i think), our post does a routine HIPAA 'training', but i joined the post (over a year ago) right after that meeting...i guess i lucked out!

but this didn't prevent me from riding along...

Comment

Originally posted by mikie333 View Post
                damn, that sucks. every year (i think), our post does a routine HIPAA 'training', but i joined the post (over a year ago) right after that meeting...i guess i lucked out!

I am wondering the same thing. What does HIPA have to do with riding along?
                Career Firefighter
                Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
                I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

Most supply gear to even explorers.Just remember,Explorers are there to learn about firefighting and since they're usually under 18 are legally prevented from doing actual operations on a call.
                  Don't take it personally if you are told to "gopher" a tool and stopped from taking it directly to the accident or allowed to go inside a burning structure.
                  This is to prevent you from getting hurt and the Chief having to explain to your folks why.Most would rather face a firing squad than that.
                  Take as many fireifhgter courses as the department will allow you to and then if you decide that you want to be an active member of the department,you'll already have those boxes checked off.
                  Good luck with it and never miss an opportunity to learn something.If helping to rehab the rig,ask about where the tools go,how many extra air cylinders are carried and things like that.Then the next time something is needed,you will know where to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by GTRider245 View Post
                    I am wondering the same thing. What does HIPA have to do with riding along?
                    I would assume that, possibly, on a call, one would see a patient and therefor must respect their rights to privacy?

Comment

I would assume that, possibly, on a call, one would see a patient and therefor must respect their rights to privacy?
                      I'll second that.

I didn't have to do anything such as pass a test to ride along.

We can't ride with Rossford. I ride with Northwood (which is where I live).
                      Firefighter/EMT
                      My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Comment

i know quite alot of guys in my dept, so i can go on ridealongs with them whenver i want since i go to the station alot, outside of explorers.

Comment

most of them do supply gear. in my department you have to be there for 2 two weeks, and every paper signed in order for you to get it.
                          Station 4-5-2
                          Paradise Pennsylvania.
                          Firefighter/EMT

Comment

dont be afraid to ask questions
                            Stay safe

Never Forget 9-11-01

Comment

Can explorers usually choose what they ride on for ridealongs?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X