Explorers: Need some help-Ladder tie off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explorers: Need some help-Ladder tie off

Hey Explorers need some help to tie off a ladder. I know the correct knot is a bowline (may be different in your dept.) but through which rung from the tip?

If there is a simpiler way feel free to advise me or add onto the subject.

Thnx guys, dusty55

We use the clove hitch.... take the rope back behind two rungs and bring the slack back up to where you first took it behind and tie a clove hitch around the haylard and rung. Works perfectly, although I'm not sure if I did a good job of explaining it.

Comment

You must be talking about hoisting a ladder.

You use a bowline with a large loop to wrap somewhere between the second and fourth rung down. It should be no more than 1/4 the length of the ladder from the tip (i.e. a 12 roof ladder is slung at the 2nd or 3rd rung), to ensure it hangs straight down, and does not tilt to snag the building.

A clove hitch is most commonly used to secure the rungs on an extension ladder once raised, but many also use a quick release loop in rescue to allow for rapid repositioning.
      Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Comment

We tie our extention ladders off with a clove hitch...we hoist ladders by tying a knot(im not sure which one it has been a long time since we did knots) to one side if the tip and the opposite side if the butt...so the ladder stays parallel to the rope...

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X