Explorers:Fire Musters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explorers:Fire Musters

Just curious what events are held at your fire musters in your area. If you dont know what a fire muster is basically a competition consisted of several events between explorer post.
    In SoCal we have
    -Bucket Brigade
    -Water Ball
    -Hose Cart
    -Motorized hose Cart
    -Make N Break

Thnx, Dusty55

Our games consist of:

Waterball
    PGHQ (explanation to follow)
    Hose Roll
    Explorer Challenge
    Dry Hose
    Landing Zone........

and I am missing one or two more.

When I get home I will add the events from a muster we go to in MI. If anyone wants to have a look at our muster rules just let me know, I'd be happy to help.
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

Originally posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
      Our games consist of:

Waterball
      PGHQ (explanation to follow)
      Hose Roll
      Explorer Challenge
      Dry Hose
      Landing Zone........

and I am missing one or two more.

When I get home I will add the events from a muster we go to in MI. If anyone wants to have a look at our muster rules just let me know, I'd be happy to help.

The event RFRD missed from our games (we're from the same post) is Target Shot.

We go to MI and the only 3 that are really different from what we do are
      Hose Stack, Hospital Bed Race, and Gear Donning. Like 3 years ago, that did Water Hockey. I wasn't on yet though.

RFRD will probably find more but those were the ones I could think of the off the top of my head that he missed.
      Firefighter/EMT
      My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Comment

Originally posted by RFxplr326 View Post
        The event RFRD missed from our games (we're from the same post) is Target Shot.

We go to MI and the only 3 that are really different from what we do are
        Hose Stack, Hospital Bed Race, and Gear Donning. Like 3 years ago, that did Water Hockey. I wasn't on yet though.

RFRD will probably find more but those were the ones I could think of the off the top of my head that he missed.
        One of the ones you forgot from MI, is Texas Hosum..........or did we not do that this year?

From our muster, I forgot bucket brigade.

Like I said before, if anyone wants a copy of our muster info/rules, just let me know.
        These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

One of the ones you forgot from MI, is Texas Hosum..........or did we not do that this year?

Like I said before, if anyone wants a copy of our muster info/rules, just let me know.
          Texas Hosum??? Never heard of it. I didn't go this year. I've only been up there once. Must have been the year you won water hockey.
          Firefighter/EMT
          My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Comment

If you don't mind, I'd love to have a copy of your muster rules. There's a couple local posts that are looking into starting doing these and are trying to come up with some ideas.

Comment

You also forgot "see you at three." I remembered this one because we usually win it :-D
              Kyle
              Bedford Fire/Rescue Explorer Post #547
              -Post Cheif
              -Treasurer
              -Mock Disaster Site Planner & Event Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by KTorak View Post
                You also forgot "see you at three." I remembered this one because we usually win it :-D
                He lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good call with that one, it is in the rules I sent out, just forgot to mention it here.

And the only reason you guys win [email protected] is because your whole team is average. Mine is usually me and one other guy, then alot of slower guys.............if you ever wanna see who can don our gear faster, I am always up for a challenge.

Comment

He lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good call with that one, it is in the rules I sent out, just forgot to mention it here.

And the only reason you guys win [email protected] is because your whole team is average. Mine is usually me and one other guy, then alot of slower guys.............if you ever wanna see who can don our gear faster, I am always up for a challenge.
                  Maybe if I get free time during Mock Disaster we can. I'll be stuck in that building all day praying it all goes well...lol.

Yeah, I haven't been active here for a while...just been too busy
                  Kyle
                  Bedford Fire/Rescue Explorer Post #547
                  -Post Cheif
                  -Treasurer
                  -Mock Disaster Site Planner & Event Coordinator

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse