education

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• education

whatn education is needed? i know for volunteer depts. it takes 6-8 months depending on where your at (at least in michigan) how long do academies take for full time? or collage to get your deegree in fire science?

for fire science it is a 2 year associate degree, the College I plan on attending for my fire science degree (New Hampshire Tech in Laconia) will allow you to also get your degree in fire investigation and protection, after completing fire science and not take every class over aagain because you've already been through it once.

here where I live as a volunteer we only have to take the Firefighter 1 class which is about 185+ hours of classroom and pratical exercises.

Comment

Originally posted by jrfirefighter23 View Post
      here where I live as a volunteer we only have to take the Firefighter 1 class which is about 185+ hours of classroom and pratical exercises.
      is that as the fire academy or as a collage coure?

Comment

Originally posted by jrfirefighter23 View Post

Comment

Hampton University in Virginia has a 4-year Bachelors in Fire Administration.

Comment

Education

Over here in Florida Fire academy is 450 hours which is a combination of fire 1(150 hours) and two.

And your Fire Science is also a 2 year Degree through the local college

Comment

Originally posted by firefighter08 View Post
              All of your essentials classes will most likely be taken at the academy...Colleges don't usually offer classes related to actual firefighter, around here they don't at least. Talk to your local stations training officer, or chief if you're interested in it. They will be most likely be more helpful than anyone else here.

Comment

Originally posted by firefighter08 View Post
                The Firefighter 1 is through the Fire Acedemy and the Fire Science course is through the college with help from the acdemy another part of fire sicence is the EMT-B and FF 1.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X