No announcement yet.

Whats your favorite tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But what is the harm in asking what somebody's favorite tool is? Of course if a certain tool gets the job done then you are going to use that tool, that is common sense. If you need to extricate someone out of a vehicle you are not going to go grab the Irons. And vice versa, if you are going to force a residential door you are not going to grab The Amkus(Jaws) and Cutters. Everyone has their preference, let them express their opnion. I have not been posting for too long but i believe that is what these boards are for, correct me if i am wrong.

Comment

Actually, theres many positive reasons for having a favorite tool. I just joined a truck and rescue company after being a junior for a few years (like 3) and i joined it because my favorite tools are the hydraulic, gas, and ladder. If you dont have a favorite tool or apparatus, then odds are your pretty indecisive about what you want to do when you actually become a firefighter.

Also, as far as the using tools at a certain age, it is all insurance that decides that. Im under 18 (im 17) and i am a firefighter (not a junior/explorer) If insurance papers for the members using the tools are filled out and updated then those members can use tools. In our department all new members to the juniors MUST fill out insurance release forms and other paperwork or they may not participate physically in anything but the meeting.

Comment

Also, as far as the using tools at a certain age, it is all insurance that decides that.
        I believe it's actually Federal and State Child Labor Laws.

If you dont have a favorite tool or apparatus, then odds are your pretty indecisive about what you want to do when you actually become a firefighter.
        Or you realize that being a firefighter is much more than a favorite tool. Learn to be the best you can with all the tools. You may have to perform more than one task at a fireground.
        "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

Originally posted by Bones42 View Post
          Or you realize that being a firefighter is much more than a favorite tool. Learn to be the best you can with all the tools. You may have to perform more than one task at a fireground.
          Well said Bones.

Besides, one tool can't do everything or might not be good in all situations. Maybe your favorite tool for extrication is the hyd. spreaders, but would you rather have the spreaders or a K-12 on a roof?
          ------------------------------------
          These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
          ------------------------------------

Comment

Before you say it, i know i have too much free time on my hands.

Patent pending by the way.

Comment

Couldn't Have Said it better...

Or you realize that being a firefighter is much more than a favorite tool. Learn to be the best you can with all the tools. You may have to perform more than one task at a fireground.[/QUOTE]

Thats probably the smartest thing anyone has said on here....

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X