Whats your favorite tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your favorite tool

My favorite tool off the truck is the jaws. The thing rips and tears and never gives up. Whats your favorite tool??

Whats your favorite tool

My favorite tool of the engine would be the jaws, there the best. I mean it spreads, and it tears.its pure muscle they never give up.
    Last edited by FLexplorer305; 01-03-2007, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Power tool?: Chainsaw
      Hydraulic?: Combi
      Hand?: You can never go wrong with the Halligan.

Originally posted by FLexplorer305 View Post
      My favorite tool of the engine would be the jaws, there the best. I mean it spreads, cuts, and it tears.its pure muscle they never give up.
      And im pretty sure that the Jaws dont cut, seeing as they dont have blades on them. If you want something that spreads, tears AND cuts, then the combi tool is your tool. You can do almost everything with a combi that a spreader/cutter combo team can do.
      Last edited by tbonetrexler; 01-02-2007, 02:34 PM.
      Do a little dance, make a little rum, Italian Ice! Italian Ice!

Actual lyric: Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight.
      (KC & The Sunshine Band "Do A Little Dance")

My thoughts are mine alone and do not represent the thoughts of any Organization to which I am affiliated.

Comment

Why is it that there are lots of truckie jokes but when someone trots out a thread about favorite tools,everyone lists the stuff that is used to tear stuff up?

Comment

Originally posted by doughesson View Post
          Why is it that there are lots of truckie jokes but when someone trots out a thread about favorite tools,everyone lists the stuff that is used to tear stuff up?
          Because tearing **** up is fun, lol.

And truckies have alot more tools than engine men, but not as many as rescue guys.
          Do a little dance, make a little rum, Italian Ice! Italian Ice!

Actual lyric: Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight, get down tonight.
          (KC & The Sunshine Band "Do A Little Dance")

My thoughts are mine alone and do not represent the thoughts of any Organization to which I am affiliated.

Comment

gotta go with the halligan for non power tool, for power tool definately the combi or spreader.

Comment

favorite tool

my favorite tool is a junior who doesnt ask silly question and does what he's told , a junior that will clean the hose and help wash the engine
              Originally Posted by the1141man
              IACOJ is what Firehouse should have been to begin with, and what it now couldn't even aspire to in its wildest dreams.- the1141man

the opinions typed in the above space are mine and mine alone

Comment

That would be my old captain,"wedge" (simpilest tool known to man.) The most useful tool seriously though,should be carried at all times in your pocket,the under-rated...door wedge. Once i forgot mine and i had to use my precious glove. you dont ever want this to happen to you

Comment

In all honesty now that i think about it... my favorite tool is my hands and head... You cant do anything productively in the fire service without either...

Comment

I am a Jr. Firefighter in the Northeast, you guys need to stop talking about your favorite tools, favorite apparatus and learn the job first and what it takes to be a firefighter, trust me I learned that the hard way, we're juniors and we are juniors for one reason and one reason only to learn, not talk about our favorite tool.

Comment

I dont wanna start a fight or anything... but a junior shouldnt be telling a firefighter to learn to do their job... if a junior EVER said that around our house, they are getting a swirly or something they dont want done.

Comment

Originally posted by tbonetrexler View Post
                        Because tearing **** up is fun, lol.

And truckies have alot more tools than engine men, but not as many as rescue guys.
                        BRAVO! BRAVO!

Ladies and Gentlemen, there you have it!

Tbone, I always knew you were a good guy. lmao
                        ------------------------------------
                        These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

Originally posted by jrfirefighter23 View Post
                          I am a Jr. Firefighter in the Northeast, you guys need to stop talking about your favorite tools, favorite apparatus and learn the job first and what it takes to be a firefighter, trust me I learned that the hard way, we're juniors and we are juniors for one reason and one reason only to learn, not talk about our favorite tool.
                          I tend to agree with you as in I don't understand the point of asking what a favorite tool is, but I don't understand how you can be telling anyone what they should do or shouldnt do.

Just remember that people do things differently everwhere, and what works for one person, might not work for another.

Stay Safe.
                          These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

seriously, it doesnt matter, people can have a favorite tool that doenst effect how they do their job...

Comment

Now that my disclaimer is posted above............................

My name is Elrod and I am an explorer/junior ff/cadet with the Podunkville Iowa Volunteer Fire Department. My favorite tool is the left handed smoke shifter, it is great for horizontal ventilation. Three guys side by side can ventilate a house faster than a PPV fan.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X