special treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey

MY father is the post advisor in Groveland and I was "elected" lieutenant there by the cadets not the advisors because prior to that i used to ride with the department not as a "volunteer" but just as a man riding on the trucks.....I had gained alot of expireience from that time but never used my father as anything I earned everything I've got,

Now I'm with a different post and about to test for battalion chief which I've earned and my father had nothing to do with so after saying that,

If they are doing that then they are ignorant and I have no respect for them just ignore them and do your best and all will be fine.

Comment

Special Treatment

I Was An Explorer And My Father Is A Batt. Chief And With His Company For Over 25 Years. When It Came To Special Treatment I Got The Bad Kind From The Explorers(ie: More Pt Harder Testing Longer Waits For Gear) But When I Was At The Station I Was Treated Like An Employee. I Had To Get Up Everyday And Do The Assigned Chores, Run With The Crew All Night, Wash Trucks, Roll Hose, Clean Hose, Mainly The Station Work Horse. I Was Teased About Being The Chiefs Son More Than Being Treated Any Diffrent, I Had To Earn My Reputation Which Is That Work Horse, And Now I Am A Dispatcher Working For The Same Company That My Dad Does, But I Still Have That Reputation That I Earned When I Was An Explorer.

So My Advice Is To Work Your *** Off And Learn Everything That You Can But Not To Be A Know It All. You Dont Know **** Until You Have Been In A Fire And Taken The Same Classes And Done All The Work That Firefighter Or Explorers Have Done To Get Where They Are.

Comment

Exploring and those of power

I started this post in 1993. I had only 7 years on the department when I approached the Director Chief to support my starting a Post.
        I had a High Adventure Post for over 10 years and delt with many issues when it came to who was in charge.
        I thought being new on the department there might be issues. I chose to address the problems of youth and adult as I had in the past, strong By-Laws and Rules and Regulations.
        The only issues that have been pushed were dealing with 'Ride Along's '.
        It was handeled by following the policies and procedures as adopted by the Post and agreed to by each member and their parents. Members followed the rules of left the post.
        I enjoy working with youth and knew that starting a program where I work would create issues that would have to be addressed. So far all the issues have been resolved without incident.
        The By-Laws outlines my authority and obligation to the Post, I have the final say over issues pertaining to the Post. Post By-Laws outline youth members and their parents specific responsibilitie.
        Enjoy Scouting.
        Michael

QUOTE=summermist21FD;753513]not sure weather or not this has been a specific post or not.
        but have any of you ever dealt when a parent or gaurdian is a high ranking officer, and a son/daughter/whatever is a junior/explorer/cadet to where they begin to step all over you, just because of who there parent/legal gaurdian is? if so, how did you deal with it.. if not, how would you deal with it..

FIRE SCHOOL STARS NEXT MONTH FOR ME!!
        YAYYYYY

stay safe and godbless all.[/QUOTE]

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse