What Gear do you like best .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
    Really? How does one take FFI without using SCBA? (Which is illegal for a minor in NY.)

Or are you referring some some other course called "FFI" which doesn't actually meet the national standard for FFI?
    Damn Deputy, you beat me to it

The jok... errrrrrr i mean fellow... who started this wayward thread implied that he was taking firefighter I under the age of 18, and he DOES live in NY...
    My opinions are my own and do not, in any way, reflect those of any agency to which I am affiliated...

Comment

getting off the ff1 restictions and back on the gear, i was issued a pair of old ranger boots, morning pride helmet, old fire gloves, jamesville bunker pants, and a cairns jacket. like mentioned jrs dont go anywhere near the inside of a structure, i loves my gear, even though 4 months before i joined the county purchased new suits, but there all gone, off to the big ffs. and since we do more mva s and lifeflights than fires, as long as it fits good, and gets me warm in the winter, and not to hot in the summer(yeah right)

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
        Really? How does one take FFI without using SCBA? (Which is illegal for a minor in NY.)

Or are you referring some some other course called "FFI" which doesn't actually meet the national standard for FFI?
        well i have no idea what your talking about because juniors can use scba's in NY for training ....... so it must not be illegal ..... check your story on that one .... and the rules are different everywhere!
        Last edited by Bvfa23; 03-01-2007, 04:16 PM.
        These opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

Originally posted by Bvfa23 View Post
          well i have no idea what your talking about because juniors can use scba's in NY for training ....... so it must not be illegal ..... check your story on that one .... and the rules are different everywhere!
          Things may be done differently everywhere, but a state law doesn't change throughout the state.
          ------------------------------------
          These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

Originally posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
            Things may be done differently everywhere, but a state law doesn't change throughout the state.
            Indeed, and both DeputyMarshal and myself are from NY. So the young gentleman should probably listen up...
            My opinions are my own and do not, in any way, reflect those of any agency to which I am affiliated...

Comment

Direct from the NYS OFPC web page concerning state fire classes:

"...Attendance at state sponsored outreach training courses are restricted to personnel within the following categories:

Career firefighters assigned by their fire department.
              Other career emergency service personnel as assigned by their agencies.
              Active volunteer firefighters who are covered under the Volunteer Firefighters Benefit Law (VFBL).
              Employees of related private and commercial organizations who have adequate worker’s compensation."

Unless you are in one of those groups, you are not permitted to attend any state fire course. And at age 16, I predict you fall into none of the above...

Comment

Originally posted by HolleyFF241 View Post
                Indeed, and both DeputyMarshal and myself are from NY. So the young gentleman should probably listen up...
                Yeah, I was trying to back you guys up

In OH you have to be 18 to have any FF cert, but under 18 cannot be certified. However, we can train with SCBA all we want.
                These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

Just saying i live in florida and i've taken my firefighter 1 and i'm guessing you have to be 15 to use scba in florida, first responder and of course cpr which comes along with that, hazmat awarness, and company officer which is required in my post if you want to be an explorer officer have to wait to be 18 to be state certified on any of them. I've already posted what gear i like but since everyone seems to post what gear they have been issued i'm going to say i have guessing from wear and tear about 5 years old fire-dex p84/kevlar, cairns helmet, self bought carbon fiber hood and self bought fire-dex fire gloves both off of thefirestore.com, and ranger rubber bunker boots. My departments firefighters uses morning pride best on the market in my opinion. Sorry to deviate a little off topic
                  Last edited by clermontfd623; 03-02-2007, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by clermontfd623 View Post
                    Just saying i live in florida and i've taken my firefighter 1 and i'm guessing you have to be 15 to use scba in florida, first responder and of course cpr which comes along with that, hazmat awarness, and company officer which is required in my post if you want to be an explorer officer have to wait to be 18 to be state certified on any of them. I've already posted what gear i like but since everyone seems to post what gear they have been issued i'm going to say i have guessing from wear and tear about 5 years old fire-dex p84/kevlar, cairns helmet, self bought carbon fiber hood and self bought fire-dex fire gloves both off of thefirestore.com, and ranger rubber bunker boots. My departments firefighters uses morning pride best on the market in my opinion. Sorry to deviate a little off topic
                    What do you base your opinion off of? Have you used all the brands of gear on the market?
                    Career Firefighter
                    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
                    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

Originally posted by GTRider245 View Post
                      What do you base your opinion off of? Have you used all the brands of gear on the market?
                      I was thinking the same thing.....

Comment

Originally posted by GTRider245 View Post
                        No i have not tried every type of gear on the market. I have based my opinion off of the opinions of many career firefighters i have asked and the different companys official sight

Comment

quest is the best
                          FF I
                          FF II
                          Hazmat Operations
                          EMT-B
                          ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X