Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning Pride!!!

Comment

so what if we don't get close to the fire this thread is about your personal preference of what gear you like to wear ... not to have people say sarcastic things ....
      These opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

Originally posted by GTRider245 View Post
        You do realize this is an explorer forum right? That being said, you should take whatever they give you. Condition doesnt have to be the best, since being an explorer you shouldnt be worried about being protected from high temps up close.
        you can take your firefighter 1 at 16 years old where i'm from so yes i am concerned about what gear im wearing
        These opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

Then you wouldnt be an explorer anymore...you would be a firefighter,

And if you look at the majority of the replies in this thread you will see that most agree with the point I am trying to make.
          Career Firefighter
          Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
          I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

Well there are training burns that explorers can do. If the advisors feal like cutting through the red tape.
            "...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
            For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
            Shall be my brother;..." - King Henry V - Shakespeare

Originally posted by Catch22
            It's not the brightest thing to come into a topic and try to provoke a bunch of guys/gals with more time on the firehouse crapper than you do in the firehouse.
            "crispitycrunchitypeanutbuttery t0ast" - DFurtman

Comment

Originally posted by nmfire View Post
              I bet he fights what you fear!
              AARRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I fear superjuniors!

Do you fight them?

Yes folks, I brought back the much hated word........super juniors.

I apologize for my outburst above.

I have done training burns and car fires, in relativley new Morning Pride gear and in old crappy gear. As long as it protects you, I'm good with it. Sure looks are one thing, but if it protects you................who cares? Our department has Janesville gear.....if you read the main firefighters forum, you may see that Chicago hates their Janesville gear. Granted we do not get anywhere near the number of calls and working fires that they do, but it has held up very well, and all the firefighters like it. And my "personal prefrence" for gear is whatever I am issued as an explorer, because quite frankly, no one is gonna give a rats *** if I like it or not.
              ------------------------------------
              These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

Originally posted by Bvfa23 View Post
                you can take your firefighter 1 at 16 years old where i'm from so yes i am concerned about what gear im wearing
                i agree with you i've taken my firefighter 1 with my explorer post and my first responder if anyone doesn't think explorers get up close to fires look at some of my vids http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=100951610

the ones on the right are the ones of my posts live burn
                Last edited by clermontfd623; 02-04-2007, 08:09 PM.

Comment

OK people....let me get this straight. We are explorers. The only contact we have with anything remotely resembling the interior of a structure fire will be in training correct? Ok, I just wanted to clear that up. If your gear is NFPA certified and/or the advisors of your post feel that the gear issued to you is in working order and is capable of being worn in conditions that may be dangerous, who cares who makes it?

If we are concerned about turnout gear manufactuers.... I want an Abercrombie Turnout Coat, Jordan Leather Fire Boots, and J. Crew Uniform Shirts.

That's all I have to add, I feel like I am talking to a wall. For more on my opinion, look above.
                  These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

Originally posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
                    ...That's all I have to add, I feel like I am talking to a wall. For more on my opinion, look above.
                    But talking to a wall is the fun part But like I said before. As long as it works I am happy.

It's not the brightest thing to come into a topic and try to provoke a bunch of guys/gals with more time on the firehouse crapper than you do in the firehouse.

Comment

Originally posted by t0asty View Post
                      But talking to a wall is the fun part But like I said before. As long as it works I am happy.
                      Yeah I guess you are right.....its hitting the wall repeatedly with your head that hurts!

Comment

Exactly!!!

Comment

G-Extreme

I just finished fire fighter 1 and my department bought me a brand new set of g-Extreme gear...I LOVE IT!!!!.....i havent had a fire yet but it is awsome gear!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PFVFRWFD1 View Post
                            but it is awsome gear!!!
                            Looks awesome?

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bvfa23 View Post
                              Really? How does one take FFI without using SCBA? (Which is illegal for a minor in NY.)

Or are you referring some some other course called "FFI" which doesn't actually meet the national standard for FFI?
                              "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
                              sigpic
                              The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

In virginia you can take fire fighter 1 when you turn 16...........im 17 years old will be 18 in november.......i have my emt-b as well are you gonna ask me how i got my emt with out being able to use an o2 bottle..........diff. statess have different standards i cant help ny doesnt alow it. Virginia does!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X