Clear All

• RFxplr326
    replied
    Oops. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• RFxplr326
    replied
    Originally posted by rescuetech147
    RFRDxplorer and RFxplr326 I want to thank you for all your help you really answered a lot of my questions. Now when I call learning for life I can keep my questions more specific.
    John, no problem. Glad to help. Hope it all works out for you. Don't hesitate to ask more questions.

Leave a comment:

• RFxplr326
    replied
    Originally posted by rescuetech147
    RFRDxplorer and RFxplr326 I want to thank you for all your help you really answered a lot of my questions. Now when I call learning for life I can keep my questions more specific.
    John, no problem. Glad to help and hear that you're going to attempt to make a change anyhow. Hope all works out for you. Don't hesitate to ask more questions. If me or RFRDxplorer don't knwo, we'll fidn out for you somehow.

Leave a comment:

• backsteprescue
    replied
    Originally posted by rescuetech147 View Post

Thank You
    John Walter
    Glad I could help. If you need anything else to get off the ground, even if you do go with juniors, such as SOP/SOG's, probationary packets, etc. let me know, I will be more than happy to assist in any way possible.

Leave a comment:

• backsteprescue
    replied
    Originally posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    Are you speaking of your father?
    Who else would be on a dept. 8 hrs away and live here to teach classes. lol

He is still a member there.

Leave a comment:

• rescuetech147
    replied

Thank You
    John Walter

Leave a comment:

• RFxplr326
    replied
    Originally posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
    even some 8 hrs away.
    Are you speaking of you father?

Leave a comment:

• backsteprescue
    replied
    Originally posted by RFxplr326 View Post
    John, I don't think they have to know that. If you have meetings together, I don't think there's a problem.
    Now if you were going to be ONE post but each of thr 6 groups meet at different times/stations, I think there'd be a problem. They could still belong to their respected departments while being apart of the "Elizabeth Twp. Explorer Post".

Rfxplr is probably right here. I know that our explorer post has explorers from 3-4 different cities with different departments and our advisors represent a bunch of different department, even some 8 hrs away.

Leave a comment:

• RFxplr326
    replied
    Mainly i'm asking if learning for life will let me do it like that cause the post is not really reporting to 1 department, but 6.

John Walter
    John, I don't think they have to know that. If you have meetings together, I don't think there's a problem.
    Now if you were going to be ONE post but each of thr 6 groups meet at different times/stations, I think there'd be a problem. They could still belong to their respected departments while being apart of the "Elizabeth Twp. Explorer Post".

Leave a comment:

• rescuetech147
    replied
    Mainly i'm asking if learning for life will let me do it like that cause the post is not really reporting to 1 department, but 6.

John Walter

Leave a comment:

• RFxplr326
    replied
    [QUOTE=rescuetech147;750224]
    Just my opinoin, I don't think having 6 Chiefs would work out too well. Maybe have 1 chief for the post (overall) and each of the depts. coudl be headed by a Capt. and then (post size dependent) you could have Lt.s. And you'd more then likely have to have drills/meetings with the entire post as a whole. I think you could work that out though.

Sorry I might not have explained this very well. The 6 companies we have are not junior organizations but regulare fire departments. We each have seperate officers, bylaws, etc. We really have nothing in common other than being in the same township and running together. But each of these fire departments have juniors as part of their organization. I was just wondering if I can take all the seperate fire departments juniors and make one post even though they all belong to different departments. First off can i do it? It would work very well i think if i could. Second, can the explores then still run with their respected companies(if the explorer runs on a call with their department are they covered under the explorers insurance)? Obviously you can see how long it would take to merge 6 companies into 1; thats why I would just like to do it with the juniors.

So are you asking how to do it still or are you saying never mind, too much work?

Leave a comment:

• rescuetech147
    replied
    [Quote]
    Just my opinoin, I don't think having 6 Chiefs would work out too well. Maybe have 1 chief for the post (overall) and each of the depts. coudl be headed by a Capt. and then (post size dependent) you could have Lt.s. And you'd more then likely have to have drills/meetings with the entire post as a whole. I think you could work that out though.

Sorry I might not have explained this very well. The 6 companies we have are not junior organizations but regulare fire departments. We each have seperate officers, bylaws, etc. We really have nothing in common other than being in the same township and running together. But each of these fire departments have juniors as part of their organization. I was just wondering if I can take all the seperate fire departments juniors and make one post even though they all belong to different departments. First off can i do it? It would work very well i think if i could. Second, can the explores then still run with their respected companies(if the explorer runs on a call with their department are they covered under the explorers insurance)? Obviously you can see how long it would take to merge 6 companies into 1; thats why I would just like to do it with the juniors.

Leave a comment:

• backsteprescue
    replied
    In response to the 6 depts. RFxpl326's idea is a good one, and it is kind of how our post is run. We have a Captain (me), then we have 2 (soon to be 3) Lt's. Each of us is in charge of a company. (e.g.- Engine Co 790, Truck Co 790, Squad Co 790) p.s.- 790 is our post number. We have had a setup similar to this in the past, but this is the first year trying out this specific system, and for us it works out great. IMHO, the explorers, while limited, have more oppourtunities for interaction with other groups and possibly even more educational and fun oppourtunities.

Also, advisors do not have to be active at all..........we have advisors on our roster that I have seen once in three years and one advisor that I have never seen, yet they still are rechartered and are listed as an advisor.

Leave a comment:

• RFxplr326
    replied
    To be honest the only part from reading their website that concerns me is getting enough members to meet the 21yr. old status. I think we need like 3 or 4, and most of the people that help me with the junior program including myself are not 21; close but not yet. Like most volunteer companies we have trouble getting members, and the members we do have are so over worked with other things the juniors unfortunantly get pushed to the back of the line. This is ashame because our junior program is what got over 1/2 the guys/girls we have now. Not to mention the average age of our guys/girls are very low. We probably have off the top of my head have around 10-15 people between 18-21. And all very well trained. This is the group that helps me with the juniors, but you can see were my problem enters no one in that age range are over 21. Does anyone know how active those advisors have to be? Like could we put our company offices down as those advisors, but have the normal group that helps me do the work?
    Not sure about this. Maybe one of the Vets could explain this. I've only been aroudn Exploring for a about a year and a half

[QUOTE=rescuetech]
    Secondly, this is getting a little off subject, but our township has 6 fire departments all with juniors, can I take all the juniors and make up one posts. Each department is just that seperate, each has their own chief and executive board. And if I make that post can the still belong to their respected departments. I just figure this will let me pull a lot more resources. [QUOTE]

Originally posted by rescuetech
    O ya 1 more thing do i need to get approval from the learning for life organization before i have any fundraisers?
    Yes I do beleive so. I'm not sure if the rules for fundraising are on Learning for Life or not but I know there are certain restrictions for fundraising. I can check those out for you if you need me to.

Leave a comment:

• rescuetech147
    replied
    O ya 1 more thing do i need to get approval from the learning for life organization before i have any fundraisers?

John

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X