Nationals in Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationals in Illinois

Any one planning on going to the Conference this summer?

-ps If you didn't already know, there is info up about it on the Learning For Life exploring page.
    Firefighter/EMT
    My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Nationals

My post is planing on going. We have gone to IFSI the 2 years for Explorer-Cadet Fire School. If nationals is anything like that it will be a blast!
    Below is the link for the 2007 Nationals being held at IFSI.
    http://www.fsi.uiuc.edu/content/cour...onal-explorer/
    These are my views and mine only! They do not reflect those of my department.

Comment

What is the paramedic biking? like riding a bike? cause we have never done anything w/ bikes???

Comment

Yes. I beleive so. That's what the description says.
        Firefighter/EMT
        My words stated here do not necessarily point towards organizations which I am affiliated with.

Comment

I think you two are right, my post has not done anything like that before with bikes. Hope to see you there
          If anyone wants to contact me to talk about nationals my E-mail is [email protected]
          These are my views and mine only! They do not reflect those of my department.

Comment

2007 explorer conference

my explorer post has attened 2 of these and we always have a great time. we cannot wait for this conference and can't wait to meet all the people here that are going.

any questions or want to chat? [email protected]

Comment

My post is goin I CANT WAIT!

Comment

I think we're still planning on going. Our deposit's in... obviously. Problem is we're having trouble raising money because our departement's having the annual NOVFA (Northwest Ohio Volunteer Firefighters Association) Convention and the department is raising money at the same time so it's tough for us. Above all... the Convention is the weekend before (15th and 16th) So we have set up pretty much all week then we have to clean up on the 17th and get on the road later that afternoon...
                hopefully, it'll turn out good... and be a pretty fun time.
                Firefighter/EMT

Comment

jeeze.
                  i really wish we had the funding, and ability to do something like that.
                  =[
                  Station 4-5-2
                  Paradise Pennsylvania.
                  Firefighter/EMT

Comment

Originally posted by summermist21FD View Post
                    jeeze.
                    i really wish we had the funding, and ability to do something like that.
                    =[
                    Start doing some fundraising. Our first one we did was a raffle for a Ride-on fire truck. It is kind of like one of the Jeep power wheels except it had lights, sirens, pa system, water tank w/ hose gun, and we added a toy helmet to it. That was $250 brand new and we made $500 pretty easily. Thing is, we need $3,500... and we've only raised $800.
                    You're too late to go this year but if you start fundraising, it'll be around again in 2009 (I think it's bi-annually) and you'll have a head start and be all ready. This year will be my first time going. I'm sorta looking forward to it...
                    Firefighter/EMT

Comment

Just have people pay out of their pocket....thats just about the only way I can think of....exp. is some people don't want to go.
                      ------------------------------------
                      These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

Originally posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
                        Just have people pay out of their pocket....thats just about the only way I can think of....exp. is some people don't want to go.
                        Jake,
                        If they end up tellin us that , I think I'll withdrawl. I don't want to go that bad. I'll deffinately think about it though because that's prolly what it's going to turn into.

::Cough Couch:: some people don't want to go at all ... They'd rather go to the FH Expo and ride with a sweet *** department...
                        Firefighter/EMT

Comment

Originally posted by RFxplr326 View Post
                          Jake,
                          If they end up tellin us that , I think I'll withdrawl. I don't want to go that bad. I'll deffinately think about it though because that's prolly what it's going to turn into.

::Cough Couch:: some people don't want to go at all ... They'd rather go to the FH Expo and ride with a sweet *** department...
                          Well for starters......the post should not have to pay for people to go..sure we did some fundraisers, but IMHO, it shouldnt be..."The post HAS to pay for every cent of nationals." People should pay at least some out of their pocket, besides, there isn't too many people going, so split the money in between the few people going, and you will get some off the price taken off.

And, I don't see the point in going to this thing.... I don't think I would get anything out of it....the money could be better spent.........like at Expo. I would learn much more than I ever would at Nationals. Don't get me wrong, I love competitions, but at this, I think that the games would be a waste of time when we could be learning or drilling on something halfway decent.
                          These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

Originally posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
                            Well for starters......the post should not have to pay for people to go..sure we did some fundraisers, but IMHO, it shouldnt be..."The post HAS to pay for every cent of nationals." People should pay at least some out of their pocket, besides, there isn't too many people going, so split the money in between the few people going, and you will get some off the price taken off.

And, I don't see the point in going to this thing.... I don't think I would get anything out of it....the money could be better spent.........like at Expo. I would learn much more than I ever would at Nationals. Don't get me wrong, I love competitions, but at this, I think that the games would be a waste of time when we could be learning or drilling on something halfway decent.

The Expo part was a joke... I understand you'll learn more there. And I hear ya on the "money out of pocket" thing. You're right, the Post shouldn't pay for all. If we want to go extremely bad, then we should have to pay a lump some. And I just realized my last post sounded a bit greedy (if we have to pay to go, I don't wana go then) Sorry if that offended you.
                            See you at tommorow.
                            Firefighter/EMT

Comment

Originally posted by RFxplr326 View Post
                              The Expo part was a joke... I understand you'll learn more there. And I hear ya on the "money out of pocket" thing. You're right, the Post shouldn't pay for all. If we want to go extremely bad, then we should have to pay a lump some. And I just realized my last post sounded a bit greedy (if we have to pay to go, I don't wana go then) Sorry if that offended you.
                              See you at tommorow.
                              Nope didnt offend me at all.....in fact, if I sounded cocky, upset, or bitchy, please forgive me! LMAO

See ya at drill.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X