No announcement yet.

Pre-alarm announcments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My county fire dispatch gives a "pre"alert. For example, "Station 60 stand by for dispatch" or "ambulance 61 10-50 minor PI" then tones and then full dispatch.

Comment

We get a pre-alert tone, which is a string of "beeps" and the then a digital voice "Engine Response, "Nature of Call" (Structure Fire, ALS, Wires Down, etc.). We then get the alert, which is one, two or three long beeps, depending on the number of units responding, and then the dispatch is put out, "Box 7307 for the ALS-Trouble Unknown, 3710 Lee Highway at Cherrydale Health Care; operate on channel 1-Baker, Engine 103 respond." We are lucky enough to hear that one almost every day. All stations hear the long beeps and the dispatch between 0700 and 2200 but only the affected stations get the pre-alert tones.

Comment

It depends on what our dispatchers are feeling for the day. According to our dispatching protocols it states that the dispatcher is suppose to come over the radio "Stand by for Fire Traffic/or Stand by for Fire Disptach. The reasons for this is because confussion comes into effect if it is a special announcement. So before they dispatch they are suppose to state either Stand by for Fire Traffic or Stand by for Special Announcement. Sometimes we get the entire call and assignement before they put out a tone. Depends on who is dispatching and their mood for the day
        Eng # To firecom I have a 1 story wood frame structure with a man on the roof putting the fire out...

Comment

we used to have prealerts. But now to get response times faster. They dump the call and tone out when the nature of the call and address is recieved. Much quicker dump times and response times are better.
          FF I
          FF II
          Hazmat Operations
          EMT-B
          ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Comment

Tones drop we roll

Our Dept. Gets Paged out on High band (No warning)

Two-tone and then spicific Dept pagers Beep if on scan

1 fire dispatch Located in STA 1 of Laf City FD
            Dispatches for City and 7 Volly Depts.

Dispatch goes as follows

Two-tone and then spicific Dept pagers Beep

Laf. Comm. to Dept 400 need you to repsond 10-15 struture fire
            1515 tood rd,1515 tood rd

Laf Comm. clear 2100 hr's.

We have an automatic mutual aid agreement set up with all Dept's in the parish (County)for those out side LA.

The 3 nearest Dept's are dispatched at the same time for any struct. call However only the Dept. who's district the call is for is asked to respon.(cut down on trafic and dispatch time)
            All outhers know it is a mutual aid call and repond acordingly.

The frist Pumper,Truck,Tanker or Chief on the raido (Asset from District of call) will call Laf Comm. to verify info given and check for upgrades ie... vic traped or new info.

This is done on the raido chanel not the pager as all Dept's in route using Dept. Rides and Officers will be able to hear.

There for if it is a confermed false alarm or company not needed upon arrivle the OC will ask to repage and cansule all units not on scene spicific units not needed.This returns assets from outher Dept's to their District

The only outher way we get called is if a truck in in service on the radio
            ie geting fuel,Truck showing or Parade the Dispatcher calls for Unit on the air and asks if he would like to page out. "If it is not a structure call." OC wil then make the call to page out or if the crew on the aperatus can handle.
            sigpic
            K Dugas
            Duson Vol.Fire Dept.
            FF1 Haz Mat OP's

Comment

"District 4 stand-by, [location and type of call]"

*Tones*

Comment

We don't have a pre-tone, however we do have a CAD system so if you happen to be sitting at the computer you would see the call pop up about a minute before the tone went off..Sometimes we'll get out early. It's about a 50/50 chance someones sitting at that and will see the call. But nobody calls us and alerts us or anything.

Comment

no pre alert here just the tones and then the dispatch

Comment

We just drop tones only but because we are dispatched by the county EMS provider who gets a ringdown from the sheriffs dept, the sheriff dispatcher sends a deputy and if you happen to know the distrct youll get a jump on the call. But after the tones our dispatcher says "Attention all Fate Firemen, Attention all Fate firemen need you enroute to a XXXX at XXXX then Extra info, Timeout XX:XX" It gets repaged if nobody checks enroute to the station.
                    FireFighter/EMT
                    Rescue 1

IACOJ
                    FTM-PTB

Comment

Tones

Our dispatch says,” stand by for tones" then puts the tones out then the message. This is for others to clear the air to not run over the dispatches priority message. It also allows the responders to turn music or the television down and prepare them selves for a message. I like our way and would not change it.

Comment

our pre-alert is the little black box beeping...
                        First in, Last out, nobody left behind.....

Comment

at our station it has 2 gong sounding bells then a voice says which unit is getting the call like engine, truck battalion cheif or all 3 maybe, then it repeats, then tones, then the dispatcher

Comment

Originally posted by RFRDxplorer View Post
                            Negative on the prealert here. Just the good ol' tones. Once they drop, the dispatcher tells us where to go.
                            same here but we have a pre alert tone so it goes like this

beep beep beep

wait 30 secs

beep beep beep

after the second tone we find out what we got

Comment

Pre-Alarm announcements do not alleviate excitement from receiving a call, they make the transition from resting peacefully in your bed to a loud *** station tone easier physiologically. Whether you believe it or not, your body reacts to that stress in ways you are unable to control.

I know station tones have scared the crap out of me before. Especially when you are in that almost asleep state while getting your afternoon chair nap.

The pre announcement speaking is generally not as loud as the station tone and therefore wakes you up with hopefully less stress.

On very special days the 3-11 shift in our alarm office while choreograph a special routine for dispatching the big one.

I wanted to post the audio file, but I am not sure how to embed it into these forums.
                              RK
                              cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X