Not quite sure...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not quite sure...

Hi I Have Been An Explorer For Maybe 6 Months, And Im Not Sure With All The Steps Of When You Get Older. All I Know Is When Your 17 and a half You Apply (formal interveiw) To Be A Volunteer. Okay Say They Except You Then How Do You Become A Paid FF???? Any Help Is Appericated

Originally posted by SlickPost26
    Hi I Have Been An Explorer For Maybe 6 Months, And Im Not Sure With All The Steps Of When You Get Older. All I Know Is When Your 17 and a half You Apply (formal interveiw) To Be A Volunteer. Okay Say They Except You Then How Do You Become A Paid FF???? Any Help Is Appericated
    well, I'm no expert, but IMO, it all depends on your Dept works inregards to Vollys/Pros, ranks/credentials, etc. I would assume though, being an Explorer, a dedicated on that is, would help the hiring process at your Dept, potentially others too. (a good prerequisite)

Maybe I'm just misinterpreting this, but what do you mean by "Say They Except You Then..."

Comment

Ask the department you want to join. We can't tell you how individual departments work since they're all different.
      Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

Well An Older Explorer In My Post Took His Formal Interveiw To Be a Volenteer And They Approved It But Being A Volenteer You Dont Get Paid. Also He Said Something About Getting Picked Up And Sponsered By Some One Before You Become Paid. So My Question Is Who Would Sponser You CDF Or Your Dept.

Comment

Ok. Lets try this again.

Ask the department you want to join. We can't tell you how individual departments work since they're all different.

You are asking a question that can not be answered by the general firefighting community. It is like asking the forum what your chief is eating for dinner. You need to ask the people with that department because they are the only ones that know how that department works for hiring.

Comment

Beans lotsa beans?

Originally posted by nmfire
            Ok. Lets try this again.

You are asking a question that can not be answered by the general firefighting community. It is like asking the forum what your chief is eating for dinner. You need to ask the people with that department because they are the only ones that know how that department works for hiring.
            I DO NOT THINK HE WILL UNDERSTAND YOU UNLESS YOU LOCK THE CAPITALS!!

AND AS FOR NOT KNOWING WHAT YOUR CHIEF IS EATING FOR DINNER--JUST SHOWS THAT YOU HAVE NO REAL INTEREST IN PROMOTION--SUGGEST YOU READ "FIREFIGHTING MENU FOR THE UPWARDLY MOBILE- MONDAY THRU FRIDAY-PART 2" BEANS ARE A GOOD STANDBY
            I really think I have to much time on my hands-us retired firefighters get Senile Dementia(no it is not a Italian stripper)

Comment

god has spoken = nmfire

All kneel down to your god of no knowledge just BS talk.

The kid was just asking for open advise. Give him a few pointers oh mighty one.

Comment

I did. Unlike you who brought this thread back to make up for your deficiancies in other areas. As usual, your non-sense has done nothing but hurt your own reputation. In fact, what you are doing now probably violates some ToS and it is wasting other people's time in unrelated threads. I'm sure the webteam will think very highly of you.

Comment

I think nmfire said it better and more politely than some of us would to that kid. Sure got some balls coming on here and bashing our senior members MutualAidSupply. This place is kinda like a real firehouse. No matter how much time you got on elsewhere, when you come here, your our probie.
                  Fir Na Tine
                  Fir Na Au Saol

Comment

Originally posted by nmfire
                    I did. Unlike you who brought this thread back to make up for your deficiancies in other areas. As usual, your non-sense has done nothing but hurt your own reputation. In fact, what you are doing now probably violates some ToS and it is wasting other people's time in unrelated threads. I'm sure the webteam will think very highly of you.
                    *LOL* Mutual will soon have a supply requisition he doesn't want...namely a whole crate of:

My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Comment

Originally posted by needlejockey
                      I think nmfire said it better and more politely than some of us would to that kid. Sure got some balls coming on here and bashing our senior members MutualAidSupply. This place is kinda like a real firehouse. No matter how much time you got on elsewhere, when you come here, your our probie.

Well put needle jockey, well put.
                      ------------------------------------
                      These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
                      ------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by RFRDxplorer
                        Well put needle jockey, well put.
                        Many thanks.
                        Fir Na Tine
                        Fir Na Au Saol

Comment

It is pathetic that in order to feel self worth you guys have to gang up on one person like Elementary school kids. Shows lack of self esteem and insecurity.

Comment

Originally posted by MutualAidSupply View Post
                            It is pathetic that in order to feel self worth you guys have to gang up on one person like Elementary school kids. Shows lack of self esteem and insecurity.
                            This is almost a year old, and yet you have to bring it back to the top?

Originally posted by ThNozzleMan
                            Why? Because we are firemen. We are decent human beings. We would be compelled by the overwhelming impulse to save an innocent child from a tragic, painful death because in the end, we are MEN.

I A C O J
                            FTM-PTB

Honorary Disclaimer: While I am a manufacturer representative, I am not here to sell my product. Any advice or knowledge shared is for informational purposes only. I do not use Firehouse.Com for promotional purposes.

Comment

Obviously nothing has changed with him.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X