Junior Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior Training

My dept has voted to allow a junior program and i have already been named training officer. I need some help getting these guys started. Any and all help will be appreciated. Also a copy of a junior/explorer/cadet application would also be appreciated. Please email app if possible to [email protected]

Try this one:http://forums.firehouse.com/showthread.php?t=29406
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

Also, try contacting Chip(ChoffaJFD ). He has been going through the same ordeal and has alot of good ideas.
      Career Firefighter
      Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
      I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

Helping out

hey,
        i am 14 and looking foward to 16 where i can be an explorer at the local department. one sugestion i have is to go over to the local department and if you need community service hours for school or whatever, you can ask if they need help with anything. they usually have something for you to do also once you get to know them well, once you are done with the work they can help you out too. if you love in a small town station district they usually get kinda bored and are happy for the help/ someone they can train.

anyway i would just go over and introduce your self and ask" do you need help with anything"

Comment

EMTfromage3,

That may be a great idea, but he is looking for a structured curriculum to teach the juniors of his newly formed post. i.e.- what is covered in the essentials book and first responder book for example.

Whitesox,

Shoot me an email and I'll see what I can do for you. We are actually in the process of organizing our calendar for the next 14-16 months and in that time frame we will cover the entire First Responder and Ohio 36 Hour Volunteer Firefighting (Essentials) courses. We are still seeing if we can arrange to get certified in them. Sure that is much longer than normally needed, but meeting once a week, for 2 hours during school, and 3 during the summer, its not that bad. When we get the schedule at our officers meeting tomorrow, I'll try to remember to have one of the advisors email it to me so I can forward it to you.

Jake

[email protected]
          ------------------------------------
          These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

GT i do know chip but dont like to bug him too much

also if anybody has a blank copy of their programs application available, that is also needed if you could email that to me

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by whitesox4life
              GT i do know chip but dont like to bug him too much

also if anybody has a blank copy of their programs application available, that is also needed if you could email that to me

[email protected]
              I'll get if for you. Hopefully tonight and send it your way.
              These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

We had a working program for the last 4 years but it is gone now do to lack of interest I am going to try to get my hands on some of the curriculum and calender hope to get it to you soon.

Comment

still need training info / applications for jr. / explorer / cadet program. somebody email me some please
                  training in 2 weeks

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by whitesox4life
                    still need training info / applications for jr. / explorer / cadet program. somebody email me some please
                    training in 2 weeks

[email protected]

Whitesox,

I am extremely sorry, I have been amazingly busy. I know that this is no excuse but I will send my advisor an email right now.

Jake
                    RFRDxplorer

Comment

you can do many things like C-spine or many different things like EMS for Example ask one of your advicers when you are in the fire station to teach you how to backboard someone. From there you can practice putting the neck collar , stay blocks and using a non rebreather mask. At our Department we try to be as hands on as possible we try a variety of many different things one day they allow you to put bunker gear and do some search and rescue. We also do EMS things

Comment

my dept does fire suppression and rescue support only. we have no reason to run EMS. we would only have another 1 or 2 calls per month.

Comment

Whitesox,

did that help???

Comment

it did but then again it didnt. we dont do any ems/ambulance assist stuff so, i will have to find something else to put in its place. we are getting cpr certified during a saturday training next month.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X