Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huh?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Huh?

    I have just learnded that a local Dept. has given there Cheifs postion to a 18yr old. Not going to say names but does anyone thing that this is a bad idea, I have met the Kid before and he is very knowledgeable and is more concered with gettin the rag-tag department he was given the best training around and give them the best equpiment avaliable. The Dept is very young and has at best had a tough life, they have not had one person ready to step up build a Dept instead of a group of untrained people, not on any rooster at all, jumping in and taking the trucks to any type of fire. I hope that he is able to take charge and Build up this Dept because it is one of the worst around. I guess I hope that everything Turns out for him, But i want to see the othere side of the argument.
    Courage, Being Scared to Death and Saddling Up anyways.

  • #2
    I've heard rumors of some departments in Alaska being all really young people (around 18 and still in high school). I have no idea if it is true, but in a way it wouldn't suprise me.

    Comment


    • #3
      I guess if the guy is dedicated enough, but there is a lot of responsibility with the position. I believe our department requires you have 5yrs experience or something.

      Comment


      • #4
        Maybe they just have a very, very young department. Or maybe the older guys are too smart to run for chief... haha.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MichaelD77
          I've heard rumors of some departments in Alaska being all really young people (around 18 and still in high school). I have no idea if it is true, but in a way it wouldn't suprise me.
          Readers Digest 3-4 years ago.

          As far as the experince the lil' **** has about 6 years,( lets leave all of the legalitys BS out here because it has already been beat to death in extent. And It happens out here where you want it to or not.) He was running on brush Buggys when the poltics of that dept had everyone so mad that all of the members walked out and would not respond to calls no matter what. The Department he is working for in my opion is probly one of the worst in the nation, there last budget I heard, Was only 5000, they where just covering the cost of gas. We have had to respond as mutal aid to some of there fire and we ended up being the 2nd on scence because No one would respond....I wish him the best of luck, and he is going to need it.
          Courage, Being Scared to Death and Saddling Up anyways.

          Comment


          • #6
            If nobody else will do it, I commend him. Sounds like he has his work cut out for him and he is pointing in the right direction.
            Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Bushwhacker
              Readers Digest 3-4 years ago.

              As far as the experince the lil' **** has about 6 years,( lets leave all of the legalitys BS out here because it has already been beat to death in extent. And It happens out here where you want it to or not.) He was running on brush Buggys when the poltics of that dept had everyone so mad that all of the members walked out and would not respond to calls no matter what. The Department he is working for in my opion is probly one of the worst in the nation, there last budget I heard, Was only 5000, they where just covering the cost of gas. We have had to respond as mutal aid to some of there fire and we ended up being the 2nd on scence because No one would respond....I wish him the best of luck, and he is going to need it.
              Correct me if I am wrong, but you go from insulting him( I dont know what the blanked out word in your first sentence is, but it cant be good.) to commending him. You really need to make upo your mind on the subject.
              Career Firefighter
              Volunteer Captain

              -Professional in Either Role-

              Originally posted by Rescue101
              I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by nmfire
                If nobody else will do it, I commend him. Sounds like he has his work cut out for him and he is pointing in the right direction.
                I'll second that. Someone has to do it, and an 18 year old with the right intentions and the heart is better than nobody. I wish him the best of luck.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GTRider245
                  Correct me if I am wrong, but you go from insulting him( I dont know what the blanked out word in your first sentence is, but it cant be good.) to commending him. You really need to make upo your mind on the subject.
                  No i am not condeming him, he Put up with more people telling him that he should not be on the trucks when nobody would step up to the plate, including the ones doing the complaining. And the legality part of it too, he never batted a eye at it but instead jumped threw all of the hoops that where set in front of him.
                  Courage, Being Scared to Death and Saddling Up anyways.

                  Comment

                  300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                  Collapse

                  Upper 300x250

                  Collapse

                  Taboola

                  Collapse

                  Leader

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X