I'm getting sworn in on 9/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm getting sworn in on 9/11

Hey I'm new on the forums, and just figured I'd post something. My dept. holds meetings every 1st monday except when a holiday falls on the first monday. So does anyone else think it's kinda "cool" I'm getting sworn in on 9/11?

No, none of us think it's "cool" that your getting sworn in on the most tragic day in America during the modern era.
    Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Originally posted by FlyingKiwi
    Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Originally posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

Comment

I think "symbolic" would be a better way to word it. I also think that is probably what you meant. Am I right?
      Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

Originally posted by KEEPBACK200FEET
        No, none of us think it's "cool" that your getting sworn in on the most tragic day in America during the modern era.
        chill man, i'm sure his intent to use the word cool wasn't refering to that it was cool that 9/11/01 happened, rather what station103JR said..."symbolic"

Comment

Are you cool?

Just a gag. Good luck and be safe.
          Last edited by E229Lt; 09-10-2006, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I really dont find it symbolic of anything either. What could it be symbolic of? Him becoming an LODD one day?
            Just know, I chose my own fate. I drove by the fork in the road and went straight.

Originally posted by FlyingKiwi
            Go put your pussy 2 1/2" lines away kiddies.

Originally posted by Explorer343

By the way KEEPBACK200FEET, you're so dramatic!

Comment

"Humbling"

Originally posted by KEEPBACK200FEET
              I really dont find it symbolic of anything either. What could it be symbolic of? Him becoming an LODD one day?

Keepback, I agree with you, but if anything being sworn in on 9/11 should be a humbling experience that you are joining the ranks of some of the greates heroes this country will ever see. It should humble you that these guys and girls gave the ultimate sacrafice and as someone getting sworn in you someday may be asked to do the same. However if he is getting "sworn in" as an explorer that we might as well turn this post into the "should explorers get pagers type of post." I am not sure what he means by being sworn in, unless it is some sort of ceremonial thing that his post does???

Jon
              Jon
              FF/EMT
              Communications Trainer
              IACOJ

Comment

jeeze, sorry to offend some of you.

Comment

Originally posted by station103JR
                  jeeze, sorry to offend some of you.
                  your fine man, i got what you were saying, and ya, i agree with you

a day like that will deff. not be forgotton...

Comment

Originally posted by mikie333
                    your fine man, i got what you were saying, and ya, i agree with you

a day like that will deff. not be forgotton...
                    Yeah Really - You have no control over when the company will hold a meeting. With September 4 being a holiday September 11 would be appropriate. - The use of the term "cool" may have been a wrong choice word to use but in no way out of line.

Comment

Originally posted by E229Lt
                      Are you cool?

Just a gag. Good luck and be safe.

I just used this on my friend. This is so funny. You should use that link more often for other posters.
                      FF I
                      FF II
                      Hazmat Operations
                      EMT-B
                      ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Comment

Yea, i agree, cool wasnt the right word there, symbolic fits much better, understandable mistake though, Good luck and be safe man

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X