Getting the post back up and running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting the post back up and running

Alright. Recently my post lost it's Chief and Captain. Our Chief became a firefighter and our Captain is going away to college. I was promoted to Captain while another officer was made Chief and we made to 2 other capable explorers officers as well.

Years ago the post was really active and as I have been told had a full roster with at least 20 people showing up to each training session if not all of the members. Then at an event that the explorers were working a bunch of them were fooling around and got into a lot of trouble. They were taken off the post but ever since then the post hasn't been running to it's full potential. Myself and our Chief really dedicate ourselves to this post and we want to get it running to it's full potential again. We have all kinds of idea's that we are working on but our main problem is explorer activity.

Our roster currently holds about 16 or 17 explorers out of the 30 that we want and are chartered for. Out of the explorers we have not even half of them show up regularly to meetings and when they do they aren't wearing their class b issued uniform.

Please help me with idea's for how to get the members active again and ways of recruiting.

Congrats on the promotion. I was also recently promoted to Captain of our explorer post except in our post the Capt. is the highest rank. I never knew that there was a post in Troy, I am from right outside of Toledo (Rossford) and we actually do alot of stuff in Mi or with posts from Mi.

If you can shoot me an e-mail address I think I can help you out.

Jake
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

Originally posted by RFRDxplorer
      Congrats on the promotion. I was also recently promoted to Captain of our explorer post except in our post the Capt. is the highest rank. I never knew that there was a post in Troy, I am from right outside of Toledo (Rossford) and we actually do alot of stuff in Mi or with posts from Mi.

If you can shoot me an e-mail address I think I can help you out.

Jake
      awsome thanks. Yeah the post in Troy has been up for 10 years. This year is the 10th year so we're all really excited. you can e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks.

Comment

How Old are you explorers?

How old are the chartered explorers that are supposed to be at the meetings? Just wondering because im an explorer also!

Comment

We're chartered for ages 14-21. Everyone on the post at this moment is 18 or younger.

Comment

I didn't know the Troy post was still around. I remember competing with them years ago at Rossford. That was probally 5 years ago. After that I didn’t hear or see them again. It was like they just dropped off the face of the earth.

Comment

TF explorer,

Standby.....I've been really busy and am trying to get a bunch of stuff ready for some big changes in our explorer post, finish summer assignments for school, and go to water polo and swim practices. I hope to sit down and get some stuff together for you here tonight or tomorrow.
              These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

yeah the post is still around. We haven't been to many of competitions in awhile but I think next year we're going to hit the city up for money to send the officers and a few advisors to this Explorer Event in Illinois. it was in Texas last year and we thought about going but we didn't get the money to go.

RFRD
                I appreciate your help. We held a car wash today and made 315 dollars. We're planning on donating it all to the MDA.

Comment

i think that you sould make sum flyers, and get the advisers togo to schools in the negberhood and talk to the kids you should set up in the lunch room because thats
                  where all the kids will be.
                  ashevillefireexplorers.co.nr

Comment

Originally posted by afrexplorer1
                    i think that you sould make sum flyers, and get the advisers togo to schools in the negberhood and talk to the kids you should set up in the lunch room because thats
                    where all the kids will be.
                    well our advisors do have lives and a lot of them are too busy with work to take time out of their day to go to schools. Besides. School hasn't started yet for us. The Chief and I are arranging to have some presentations at our school and The High Schools in Troy sometime in September so we have that but we need ways to appeal to these teenagers.

Comment

as if what to say to them i cant help you. But i just said to go to the schools b/c thats how we got alot of our Explorers but most of the people at the fire dept are always bisey. I think that you will have a good out come at the school. let me know. And im gonna talk to some of the gyes at the fire dept and find some other things for you.
                      ashevillefireexplorers.co.nr

Comment

I'm leaving for San Diego tomorrow night. truth be told I'm kinda nervous. I have a very creative imagination and my mind just keeps going over scenerios that could happen and end up like 9/11. I am almost freaking out here.

Comment

i found a good site you should check out....it gives you ideas to start up a post again
                          learningforlife.com/exploring
                          it has some very good info...........check it out and let me kno if it helped you any!

Comment

awsome thanks. I'll go check it out now

Comment

Originally posted by tfexplorer923
                              awsome thanks. I'll go check it out now

I did email that stuff to you right?????

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X