X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RFRDxplorer
    ffexpcp,

What kind of scanner is that?
    Uniden BCD396t: It's kinda pricey, but that's to be expected with digital.

They also make one just like it but without the digital decoder. I think it's around 1/2 the price.

Be sure to shop around. The price varries GREATLY from dealer to dealer.

Comment

Yeah, the BCT15 does the same thing, that's the one I have been eyeing.

Resq1scnd2none, I see what you're saying, but a senior firefighter should be able to pull a Jr. out of a seat. And if the senior guys are showing up late and not making the first truck, I call that dumb luck. Would you rather have the truck roll with a Jr. in the back seat or wait around for a few minutes until another senior guy can get there?

Comment

Originally posted by donk7267
        I've got a pager AND a radio...in which i am allowed on scene to calls...ALSO...for the senior members its all cool that you come and reAd the junior forums but quit bashing us...ITS A JUNIOR FORUM...DEAL W/ IT...if you see something you dont like...you dont need to be bring the youngens down...YOU WERE ONCE A PROBIE TOO
        Do you want a cookie sunshine for being able to have a pager AND a radio???

We're not bashing you so you can calm right down turbo....We're shedding light into your little eyes from experiances we've all dealt with...So if you take that as bashing so be it...

And try doing a search on pagers,or lights..And you'd see why we get the way we do...
        If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Comment

When i was a junior fire fighter i was given a pager and was able to respond with my department to calls. Its a great way to learn more about the job. If a Junior fire fighter was on a truck and a interior firefighter came they would have to get off. We dont give radios to junior fire fighters. The radios are for members who need them. I think the junior fire fighters can help a lot but there also need to be rules and limits as to wshat they can do.

Comment

My opinion is this that Explorers or juniors should not get a radio, because most of us cannot respond to fire pages, plus you cannot respond by any means on your POV

Comment

I'm sorry, but this thread needs to die.
              Attached Files

Comment

Juniors should be allowed to have pagers. In my department the junior firefighters are allowed to respond to the firehouse till 9 pm at night and are not allowed to respond during school hours on days they have school. We are not issused radios at all throughout the dept unless your an officer so radio's for jrs is not a question for us. For all other departments, juniors do not need radios. Let them get pagers and get some knowledge of the job.

Comment

How about we make this really simple for all the people who can't comprehend that their department is not thesame as every other department on the planet. This is not rocket science.

Can you respond to calls, whether it be directly to the scene or to the firehouse? If so, then there is no reason why you shouldn't have one. How you obtain them and fund them is all up to you and your department.

Are you not allowed to go on calls? Then you don't need a pager. You are more than welcome to buy your own to listen, just like a scanner. But don't expect to be given one.

Why is more complicated than this?
                  Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

Its not that difficult, people just want to MAKE it more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by BPFire1618
                      Its not that difficult, people just want to MAKE it more difficult.
                      yeah, sadly
                      First in, Last out, nobody left behind.....

Comment

Originally posted by FLexplorer305
                        My opinion is this that Explorers or juniors should not get a radio, because most of us cannot respond to fire pages, plus you cannot respond by any means on your POV
                        ok. first off. i am the chief of my depts jr program. we have 5 guys on the jr side and roughly 15 on the sr side. half of the sr guys work nights and and most of the others work days the others are farmers. if we get a working structure and can only send 1 truck (tanker) to the scene with sr members only then why the hell do we have a jr dept when all of us make the station but can not go to the scene? like i said i am chief of the program and i have a radio because i am in charge of all of the "BS" operations (bottle changes, tool fetches, etc...). my asst also has a radio but his is not dept issued. secondly, all members of my dept (jr and sr) are able to respond to the scene in POV AS LONG AS there are no trucks available at the station or you are close enough to the scene to go directly and have your gear with you and can advise all responding apparatus to what is going on at the scene. we have had several runs when i have left school (with permission from principal and chief) and shown up on scene BEFORE the first truck was en route and we ended up calling for mutual aid from 3 other depts. and finally, the jr members CANNOT run a blue light unless their vehicle is stationary at the scene (however jr officers can). dont know why some of this keeps getting brought up but like has been said USE THE SEARCH FEATURE BEFORE STARTING A NEW THREAD. this gets old after a while.

Comment

we have had several runs when i have left school (with permission from principal and chief)
                          OK--first things first...and the first thing you need to be concerned about is SCHOOL. Not only for your own future, but because regardless of what your principal or your fire chief say, I'm willing to bet that the law says you have to go unless you're ill, or your parents take you out for the day.

Trust me, education needs to come first. Just listen to Lord Vader.

Secondly--by your own statement you guys do "BS" stuff (changing bottles, fetching tools, etc), so I'm figuring you don't do any actual suppression work (aka "wet stuff on red stuff")...so why would it be that important to ditch school to go to a call where you're just going to be changing bottles and fetching tools??
                          I mean, sure it's nice to have someone to do that stuff for you, but it's not like it's an absolute necessity. It's a simple matter of convenience.

dont know why some of this keeps getting brought up but like has been said USE THE SEARCH FEATURE BEFORE STARTING A NEW THREAD. this gets old after a while.
                          Define irony on a messageboard:
                          Someone posts a new topic about something discussed previously. Everyone tells them to use the search feature to find old threads on it.
                          Someone uses search and digs up a year-old thread to add their 2ยข or ask a question, and everyone tells them it's done and over with, post a new thread.
                          Last edited by the1141man; 09-02-2006, 09:03 AM. Reason: Fix a minor grammatical error--I throw stones and live in a concrete house ;)
                          My opinions might coincide with someone of importance's POV... I wouldn't know, since I never bothered to ask. My policy is: "Don't ask, don't care."

IACOJ--West Coast PITA

Comment

Please Please Please

Someone From The Webteam, Lock This Thread!!!

Make It Stop!

Comment

I know this is going to contradict the whole point of my statement...But if you want a thread to stop...STOP FRIGGIN POSTING IN IT
                              If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X