Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leather Helmets

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Leather Helmets

    Are there any jr's out there that have leather helmets if so what kind and how do u like it.

  • #2
    http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...eather+helmets

    http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...eather+helmets

    http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...eather+helmets

    http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...eather+helmets

    http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...eather+helmets

    http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...eather+helmets

    http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...eather+helmets

    http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...eather+helmets

    http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...eather+helmets

    http://forums.firehouse.com/showthre...eather+helmets

    And there is alot more where that came from........just use your friendly neighborhood search button for "leather helmets"
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

    Comment


    • #3
      i just got the paul conway classic the fiberglass one, because if you get your leather contaminated you have to throw it away which sucks.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by LACoFD4330
        i just got the paul conway classic the fiberglass one, because if you get your leather contaminated you have to throw it away which sucks.

        Ok, hold the phone......you said you are a junior(explorer) correct?

        How on God's green earth is your helmet going to get contaminated as a junior or explorer?
        ------------------------------------
        These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
        ------------------------------------

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RFRDxplorer
          Ok, hold the phone......you said you are a junior(explorer) correct?

          How on God's green earth is your helmet going to get contaminated as a junior or explorer?
          didn't you know?! us juniors/explorers are being deployed by hazmat teams...to see if the mysterious leaking blue gas is actually poison...duh! the real guys are finally using us to our potential!

          ...just a little innocent sarcasm...

          but, ya, i agree, why do you all need leather?! be content with what you have...your fortunate enough to have a program that provides equipment...and one day (including me), you will become a FF or Paramedic or whatnot and have the luxurys of a 'full blown FF'-leather helmets and all!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RFRDxplorer
            Ok, hold the phone......you said you are a junior(explorer) correct?

            How on God's green earth is your helmet going to get contaminated as a junior or explorer?
            i was told by one of my instructors at the academy not to get it for that reason and contamination i guess can happen at more places than u think, not solely haz mat. he got his contaminated at a structure fire. also my department is stopping the use of leather helmets theyre actually illegal now, but people still continue to waer them, they were allowed for 2 years after 9/11 because of the New York theme. im Lacofd btw.

            Comment


            • #7
              I thought the norm over that way was this type of helmet????

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Firefighter2230
                I thought the norm over that way was this type of helmet????
                those are county issue and for the most part thats what a lot of guys were, but some opt to buy their own helmet for btter protection looks whatever the reason. i happen to love the look of the traditional helmet so i decided to buy one. ill use it a lot and keep it for a long time so in my eyes it was a good investment

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by LACoFD4330
                  i was told by one of my instructors at the academy not to get it for that reason and contamination i guess can happen at more places than u think, not solely haz mat. he got his contaminated at a structure fire.

                  How did that happen?
                  ------------------------------------
                  These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
                  ------------------------------------

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RFRDxplorer
                    How did that happen?
                    he didnt say, ill ask him though, he also contaminated his leather turnout boots at the same fire.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by LACoFD4330
                      he didnt say, ill ask him though, he also contaminated his leather turnout boots at the same fire.
                      Damn now that's a bad day
                      Tom

                      Never Forget 9-11-2001

                      Stay safe out there!

                      IACOJ Member

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by NYSmokey
                        Damn now that's a bad day

                        I'll second that.
                        ------------------------------------
                        These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
                        ------------------------------------

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          How on God's green earth is your helmet going to get contaminated as a junior or explorer?

                          Duh when they are washing the firetrucks the soap from the truck gets on their helmet... all in good fun.
                          NEVER FORGET!
                          9/11/01

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by NYSmokey
                            Damn now that's a bad day
                            your tellin me bout 800 bucks down the drain in one day, pretty bad day in my book

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by LACoFD4330
                              your tellin me bout 800 bucks down the drain in one day, pretty bad day in my book

                              $800 fat ones!!!!!!!!!!!!

                              I thought that even N6A's ran about $500.
                              ------------------------------------
                              These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
                              ------------------------------------

                              Comment

                              300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                              Collapse

                              Upper 300x250

                              Collapse

                              Taboola

                              Collapse

                              Leader

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X