No announcement yet.

All Time Best Ff Tv Show/movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised that no one remembered "LA Firefighters". Actually, on second thought, I'm not surprised. I know the topic here is "all time best", but I'd like to nominate Fox's 1996 series as the worst fire service-related televsion show of all time.

http://www.tv.com/l.a.-firefighters/...full_summary=1

Comment

Movies: Ladder 49, Backdraft

TV Shows: Paramedics, The Bravest, Third Watch, and we can't forget Emergency!
      All of the above comments are solely mine and not those of anyone else.

Nobody is ugly after 2 A.M.

Some see the glass as half-empty, some see it as half-full, I just wonder who in the H#$* is drinking my beer!!

Comment

Ahhh man chips was an awsome show i watched that everyday it was on along with Tour of Duty

Comment

Ahh yeah LA Firefighters -- So easy to have forgotten that one as well. -- What I saw than and I'll say it now was an attempt to bring back the EMERGENCY Series by showing LACoFD in present day.

Sure there is drama in every firehouse including the one I work in and the one I volunteer for but nothing as open as what we see in TV Fire Stations. -- EMERGENCY had it knocked......Again drama but you never really knew about it or if it was mentioned {and I mean personal drama} you really never knew the outcome. Chet was supposedley a babe magnet but how often did you hear stories how rip roarin' drunk he was at the bar or who he slept with.

Captain Stanley, Mike Stoker, and Roy were the married guys in the house but rarley did you hear of home problems except the occasional wife disagreements. Marco loved his hot mexican food but when the alarm sounded did he come running out of the head with toliet paper dragging behind ? No.....

Like Chet, Johnny had his fair share of women and although he would make mention of particular dates and possibly would lead you to believe he knocked a piece off it never came out......

tv then was what it was.....more family oriented than it is today and what was unmentionable years ago isn't anymore. How many bunk-room scenes can one recall where "funny" noises come from the beds {passing of gas, etc.} you just didn't hear it. -- Doc Brackett and Dixie were an item in the first few seasons but did we ever see scenes with them in rather comprimising positions ? Doin' it in the supply room ? No......It would never have been thought of then. - 3rd. Watch, Rescue Me {Especially} among others show these types of things I've described above.....I'm not complaining, it's what makes entertainment these days.......Sex, violence, intoxication, and of course more and more personal drama.

Comment

I just came across this one on TV a few weeks ago, I think it was on the Fox Movie Channel. It's called "Firehouse". It's from 1973 and based in NYC. More info on it here. I thought it was really good, and unfortunately it's still relevant no matter how much we deny it. It revolves around the race issue, in the firehouse and out. It also has scenes dealing with a lot of the problems in New York City in the '70s.

Comment

51Tones in MP3

Here is the Station 51 tones as a zipped MP3. Easy to convert to ringtone.
              Attached Files
              Trauma is what you do when immediate gratification doesn't work!

Comment

Originally posted by outoffocus
                I just came across this one on TV a few weeks ago, I think it was on the Fox Movie Channel. It's called "Firehouse". It's from 1973 and based in NYC. More info on it here. I thought it was really good, and unfortunately it's still relevant no matter how much we deny it. It revolves around the race issue, in the firehouse and out. It also has scenes dealing with a lot of the problems in New York City in the '70s.

I picked this movie up somewhere about a year ago for about 5 bucks.
                ------------------------------------
                These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

You guys have forgotten (or maybe never knew about it) the show that planted the desire to be a firefighter.

Rescue 8

Jim Davis played one of the firefighters of a two man rescue company from from LA. Show played in the late 50's and early 60's.
                  BE SAFE
                  Before Everything, Stop And First Evaluate

Comment

Originally posted by jsdobson
                    You guys have forgotten (or maybe never knew about it) the show that planted the desire to be a firefighter.

Rescue 8

Jim Davis played one of the firefighters of a two man rescue company from from LA. Show played in the late 50's and early 60's.

My Dad has told me about this show. All he watched were reruns, but do you know where to find these dvd's or videos?
                    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

BACKDRAFT 1994
                      Sadly, that was 1991 (I was still in High School).
                      "When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for my having been there."
                      -- Jim Henson (1936 - 1990)

Comment

[QUOTE=FFDexplorer2 The Towering Inferno (has anyone else seen this?)[/QUOTE]

Yeah,when it came out and when ABC ran it as a "Movie of the Week"when we kids would get to stay up to 10PM in exchange for going to bed early the rest of the week to watch.
                        Waaaay back in the old days when parents ran the house and the kids did what they were dang well told to.(Sorry,been having trouble with the lady friend's kid.)

Comment

Originally posted by dragonfyre
                          Real firefighters are trying to forget it. Thanx for reminding us again what a horrible show it was.
                          Or "Code R",a one season groaner about some island fire/rescue company that always got problems no one else ever got like the biker gang that arrived on a yellow LCU(landing craft),bullied the whole island and somehow ended up having to be rescued where they saw the error of their ways and left the island friends with everyone?
                          I was 9 or 10 then and thought it was stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by mfdjunior330
                            yes you can get the emegency tone as your ringer, but the only phones i know you can get it on is nextels, which is what i have.

You can get it on any phone if you have a cord/software to connect your phone to your computer. I have my department's tones, Station 51 tones, a few songs, and I was bored and on MSA's website and even found their new PASS alarm ringtone.....from here...... http://www.msafire.com/catalog/product500349.html

Comment

All time best FF shows!

Originally posted by jsdobson

Rescue 8

Rescue 8.
                              Dang, haven't thought of that show in years. I grew up in West Hollywierd back in the late 50's early 60's and at one time we lived about two blocks north of Station 8. Think they were(are) on Santa Monica Blvd between Crescent Heights and Fairfax. OK, long ways between the two, but general area.
                              Loved that show. Think my granddad and I made one of the "Pull out of the station" scenes. We were walking by and the crew was there. We had to stop. Know he had to sign something.

Keep Safe, Y'all

Jimmy Mac
                              Fir Na Tine!
                              Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt. (When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults!)

Comment

Originally posted by JimMccarthy
                                Rescue 8.
                                Dang, haven't thought of that show in years. I grew up in West Hollywierd back in the late 50's early 60's and at one time we lived about two blocks north of Station 8. Think they were(are) on Santa Monica Blvd between Crescent Heights and Fairfax. OK, long ways between the two, but general area.
                                Loved that show. Think my granddad and I made one of the "Pull out of the station" scenes. We were walking by and the crew was there. We had to stop. Know he had to sign something.

Keep Safe, Y'all

Jimmy Mac
                                Fir Na Tine!
                                AHHHH...Rescue 8, and the old GMC panel truck. Emergency's Great Grandpappy!

It was actully LA County. Rescue 8 was one of the few fire service themed TV series in which the fire station in the show was an existing station, and was the same station the company would actually run from in real life. Station 8 has been a TV star twice, of course...it served as Station 10 in the 2 hour pilot for an obscure little TV show named 'Emergency'
                                ...South of the James...By Invitation Only!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X