• Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    A big wood wedge works just fine.

Leave a comment:

• SagTwpStation3
    replied
    d

I have seen guys use golf tees to also keep a window open, just like you would nails..I use a Cairns 880, and in my band I carry 1 door chock about 7 in. in length and 2 inches wide, 3 nails that I've woven into the band, and I use to carry a golf tee, but because of lack of use, I do not anymore.

Just stick with nails and chock, the tees will become more of a decoration, than a tool.

Leave a comment:

• fdmhbozz
    replied
    Yeah, I haven't heard of using them to chock a door either.

Leave a comment:

• RoofHook63
    replied
    The main use of golf tees within the fire service is for Hazardous Materials operations, such as punctured gas tanks or gas lines. The golf tees can be used to stop the flow, plus they do not create a sparking hazard.

I cannot say I have ever heard of using a golf tee as a door chock. Stick with the regular wooden chocks or nails.

Leave a comment:

• stm4710
    replied
    I have tried this golf tee thing once and just ended up with splinters on the ground after a few trys.A few other explorers and a FF tried keeping the door open with them and I just said "use a freakin door chock" because we were in the middle of drill and they would have been there all night.

Leave a comment:

• nicholsjean
    started a topic Golf tees? Door chok.

Golf tees? Door chok.

How are you using golf tees, to choke doors like a nail ?

What do you think is the perfect size of a door choke made of wood ?

Jean Nichols
    Montreal FD
    E273/TL4073

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...