Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJFFSA16
    replied
    The police desk that dispatches my municipal department...wouldn't know a 5-5-5-5 if it smacked 'em in the butt. It's tough enough to get them to do a proper test each evening.

Leave a comment:

• firefightermatt
    replied
    I would imagine we do but am not sure...we havent have a member or former member pass away since I have been in and hope to keep it that way for a while. There was a lady that was a member of my dad's dept that passed away about a year ago and the notified everyone on the alpha numeric pagers, the did the same when the shuttle exploded. I dont know if they did it on 9/11/01 cuz iI wasnt with him when it happened, I was at school.

Leave a comment:

• lynnportjustin
    replied
    I heard dispatch do a 5-5-5-5 two weeks ago. It was for a station in our county and they said "Station -- is saddened to announce the death of ----- on *date*, he was ** years old."

They did'nt tone us, they just put it through the County/Open channel.. its very sad to hear a 5-5-5-5

Leave a comment:

• Weruj1
    replied
    We dont not transmit a special signal ,but when a FF dies here we do "set the tones" for the last alarm.

Leave a comment:

• MFDExplorer51
    replied
    We do; one of the important members of the bereau of fire at the 9-1-1 headquarters passed on a couple of days ago and they did.

Leave a comment:

• Jun18ior
    replied
    We very recently had our company President pass away. The county dispatched our tones and gave the death notice and the times of the services. If I remember correctly, when Jim Heenan was killed in the line of duty in 2001, the same was also done.

Leave a comment:

• mdoddsjffhnfc
    started a topic 5-5-5-5

5-5-5-5

This just isn't a 9/11 question, this is an all around question.

The signal 5-5-5-5 means that a firefighter has returned home, he has made the ultimate sacrifice. If there is an LODD in your county, does your dispatch center transmit the 5-5-5-5?

After the July 4th, 2002 Gloucester City, NJ fire that killed 3 sisters and 3 Firefighters:

Mt. Ephraim Station 4-5: Fire Chief James Sylvester
    Deputy Fire Chief/CFM 6 John West

Gloucester City Station 5-1: Firefighter Thomas Stewart III;

County Communications transmitted the 5-5-5-5 and stated when the services were. Just inquiring.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X