Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brubaker
    replied
    When 9/11/01 happened, I was currently working on my EMT-1D training, and ironically the next day we had EMT class. I remember a girl standing up in class when we were having a impromptu CISD session and saying "It was the firefighters fault's that they were killed". We all wished she would just shut up and have some respect for the fallen heros. Others felt the same way. How could someone even think that! Who was rushing in when all hell was breaking loose, You guessed it, the firefighters, EMTs/paramedics and the police officers. God Bless them! Anyway, after that night we never saw or heard from her again. Although I am not an explorer, I participated in a candlelight vigil along the main street two days after 9/11/01, and I generously contrubuted to the "fill the boot" fund held by the department I recieved my EMT-1D training through. And last year I atteneded a memorial held outside the local fire station in my town.

Anyway. God Bless and Stay Safe my fellow "Brothers and Sisters".

Bruce, 19, EMT-1D, C.A.

R.I.P. 343, 9/11/01 God Bless America
    "ALWAYS REMEMBER, NEVER FORGET".

Leave a comment:

• MVFD81
    replied
    Amen for that.

Leave a comment:

• lynnportjustin
    replied
    how stupid can people get!
    I aggree, kids in high school are stupid. They don't care, they either forgot or don't want to remember. I hear alot of people saying "It's bad that it happened, but are we going to always do this for the rest of our lives just because some incident happened back in 2001."

It's not "some incident", it was a tragedy... there are alot of stupid people out there, and if you don't want to take a moment of silence for the victims of 9/11 just because you don't feel like it or you don't think you need to, you are VERY IGNORANT..

thats my little speech.. im done now

Leave a comment:

• MVFD81
    replied
    Ignorance

Leave a comment:

• Quigger
    replied
    I didnt get as many comments as I thought I would but it is high school and most kids forget about what happened 2 years ago or they choose to forget it cause it doesnt effect them at all. how stupid can people get!

Leave a comment:

• MFDExplorer51
    replied
    We wore our uniforms to school; recieving quite a few compliments.

Leave a comment:

• MVFD81
    replied
    My juniors and I wore are shirts and I wore my EMS shirt to school. It went well.

Leave a comment:

• explr985
    replied
    Our post isn't doing anything I know of, as for indivudals, I have no clue.

Leave a comment:

• Quigger
    started a topic What is your post doing for 9/11

What is your post doing for 9/11

I know its a little late to put this up but better late then never. The post im in is wearing our uniforms to school tomorrow. Like we did last year and the 1st friday after the attacks. I'm just wondering what is everybody doing?

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X