Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ffexpCP
    replied
    Not too sure- haven't been around in awhile. I think we have about 30 FF, 16 explorers.

Leave a comment:

• ndvfdjrff
    replied
    My Dept Has 51 Members...3 Chiefs,4 Captains,4 Lt's,1 Safety/Accountability,1 Fire Constable and 38 Firefighters...Since I became a live in member we now have no juniors...310 Sq mile district....6 Trucks...2 Pumpers,2 Pumper Tankers,1 Rescue and a Personnel Vehicle...Run Anywheres from 70-100 Calls....Last Year We Ran 74 Calls...42 Medicals,26 Fire/MVA and Mutual Aid and 6 Other Calls i.e Flood Assist etc.

Leave a comment:

• firelion
    replied
    Originally posted by rblack06
    How did yalls junior program start? who got it started, etc?

SALT RIVERS PROGRAM STARTED ABOUT 15 YEARS AGO. AT FIRST IT WAS CALLED THE CADET PROGRAM THEN ABOUT 3 OR 4 YEARS LATER IT WAS CALLED THE EXPLORE PROGRAM

CAPT. R. LOPEZ JR.
    SALT RIVER FIRE DEPT.
    "SERVING TODAY TO PROTECT YOUR TOMORROW"

Leave a comment:

• engine1321
    replied
    55 firefighters, EMT-B, I , and P. Currently, 13 juniors. Total department strength, 68 members

Leave a comment:

• GbEnZ2164
    replied
    we have about 30 active members and 6 juniors

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Geneva Fire Department

15 S. First Street

Geneva, IL 60134

16 Full Time/35 Paid on Call

10 Explorers

2 Stations

Town Pop. 19,515 (2000 Census)

4 Engines

1 Truck

1 Rescue

1 Brush

3 Command Vehicles

2 Zodiac Boats

TRS/ HAZ-MAT. Trailer

1 Pickup truck

Leave a comment:

• 33motor
    replied
    I think my Dept is about to start a Jr FF program. I read something about a while back. It was just a small notice and didn't go into detail... I'm curious as to what will become of it, or what it will really entale.

My Dept has about 1500 FF's working out of 49 (currently) stations and one downtown admin office.

Here are the stats:

Currently the front line fleet includes 7 district chief SUV's, 48 engines, 12 aerial ladder trucks, 4 aerial platform trucks, 3 service trucks, 7 brush trucks, 3 mobile air compressors, 1 heavy rescue, 3 hazardous material trucks, 16 light rescue vans, 6 airport crash vehicles, up to 32 advance life support ambulances, 4 EMS supervisors and a variety of administrative vehicles and support equipment. 3 or 4 of our truck co's are "enhanced rescue" trucks I should add.

Leave a comment:

• mdoddsjffhnfc
    replied
    our junior program started sometime back in the late 50's/early 60's. My dad was a junior back in the 60's. The junior program at my station somewhat died out in the late 70's, but was rejuvinated in the mid 90's. The juniors in my department make up 1/4 of the total roster. And as my company president says, "we are the backbone of the company"

As i get older and move up in the department, i still want to have a junior program. That way we can teach what we were taught to teens who would be just like us, willing to serve our community.

Leave a comment:

• firelion
    replied
    salt river fire dept

we have about 100 firefighters 15 explores 7 cadets the cadet program just started just about five months ago.

we have:
    3 stations
    3 engines
    3 rescues
    3 batt. chiefs
    1 chiefs
    1 truck co.
    1 command van
    1 utility
    1 attack truck
    2 reseved engines
    2 reseved rescues
    1 ladder tower on the way
    Last edited by firelion; 12-02-2003, 04:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FDNY101TRUCK
    replied
    We have about 45 members and 30 are active,6 Juniors right now and two newbies on the way.The Junior program got started by Fireman in the house talking about the program and they started it.

We have:
    3 Firehouses
    10 Trucks
    4 Engines
    1 Tower Ladder
    1 Rescue Truck
    1 Brush Truck
    1 Tanker
    1 Officers Pickup
    1 Cheifs Vehicle
    Area we cover is about 38 square miles with about 22,000 residents in the township.

Leave a comment:

• Moose2028
    replied
    about 30 members plus 9 explorers

Apparatus:

3-rescue units
    1-rescue/pumper(500 gals. of water)
    3-engins (1500-2000 gals. of water)
    1-tanker (2500 gals of water)
    3-brush rigs (80-250 gals.of water)
    1-squad/command vehicle
    2-cheif cars
    1-utility
    1-staff car
    3-stations

Leave a comment:

• cvfdcadet03
    replied
    our vfd has 35 members and 6 jr. ff's.

Leave a comment:

• vfd1jo
    replied
    We have approximately 120 members, most of whom are active as time allows. I am unsure about the number of juniors...

4 stations
    4 chiefs w/ vehicles
    4 engines
    2 ladder/tower
    2 rescues
    2 Midis
    2 Tankers
    2 Brush trucks
    2 Utilities
    1 command vehicle
    1 foam truck
    2 boats

Leave a comment:

• rblack06
    replied
    How did yalls junior program start? who got it started, etc?

Leave a comment:

• Trauma44004
    replied
    30 Members 14 explorers. We have a waiting list of 30 explorers 14 and older and a waiting list for our junior program of 13 year olds.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X