Passed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passed

I went for my permit test and I passed. 1st time. The center that I went to is the only one that doesn't do the test by computer. I had 18 questions that were multiple choice and I had to refer to pics from a book. But I must tell you that I have studied for the past 3 months. I only missed 3 1 more and I would have failed. I wasnt thinking on my last one though I put down a stupid answer. Well. Time to learn how to drive.
    Cadet Fire & Rescue Deputy Chief 31
    Monessen Volunteer Fire Department #1
    Westmoreland County Station 81-1

"Going far beyond the call of duty, doing more than others expect, this is what excellence is all about. And it comes from striving, maintaining the highest standards, looking after the smallest detail, and going the extra mile. Excellence means doing your best every day, in everything."

Congratulations, I passed about 2 months ago on my birthday. Going for my lisence soon.

But regardless, Congratulations!
    IACOJ

Comment

Congrats, I passed mine. I missed one. Go for my license in 9 months.
      Carrie Hagen
      CGFD Explorer
      HealthEast Paramedic Explorer
      [email protected]
      [email protected]
      [email protected]

**FireFighting not recommeded for mere mortals **

Bump 'N Grind
      Firefighting
      Get your hose out,
      Put your rubbers on,
      And get 'em real wet!

Firefighters
      The Few...
      The Proud...
      The Insanely Brave...

Comment

How do licensing systems work in your states?

Here in Florida we have a graduated licensing system.
        A learners can be had at 15 (must drive with an adult over 21), and you get your license at 16. However, at 16 you can only drive between 7a-11pm alone, and at 17 you can only drive between 5am and 1am alone. If you are under 18, you must have had your learners for 12 months before you can test for a license. I think its pretty decent.

Florida (especially Miami) is such an autocentric society, if you dont have a car... you're pretty much screwed! So I'm pretty happy with our system. It also makes for a good driver I think. If I compare myself to when I first started driving at 15, to now... I can certainly see a difference.

Still, some stupid teenagers make us pay the insurance rates we do.

Oh well
        Justin
        VP/Webmaster/EMT-B
        MDFR Post #1403

Comment

Congrats... i go for mine in 4 months and 25 days

Comment

New York is going to graduated liscenising system beginning September 1st 2003. no sure of all the exact details but that's what i heard from my old driver's ed teacher
            NYS FF1/AEMT-CC
            IAEP Local 152
            "You stopped being in charge when I showed up"

Comment

The new system taking effect on Sept. 1st is something like you have to have your permit for like 6 months to a year or something, and after that there is something else.

I forget because it didnt effect me.
              IACOJ

Comment

[email protected]
                As long as it doesnt apply to you who cares. lol.

"Going far beyond the call of duty, doing more than others expect, this is what excellence is all about. And it comes from striving, maintaining the highest standards, looking after the smallest detail, and going the extra mile. Excellence means doing your best every day, in everything."

Comment

Heh, it's not that I don't care; it's just didnt effect me, so I didn't pay attention .
                  Last edited by MFDExplorer51; 08-24-2003, 12:17 PM.
                  IACOJ

Comment

I missed 3 out of 20 for my permit. Ill be going for my liscense in the next 3-5 weeks

Comment

The New System effects me! BUt i have to have my permit for 6 months until i turn 16 (which is really 9 months for me) but having my permit i can't drive without a person over 21 i can't drive past dark. Our permits aren't paper they are now actually cards. after our permit we then get a license that says that we are under 18 then after that we get one that says that were over 21.
                      Carrie Hagen
                      CGFD Explorer
                      HealthEast Paramedic Explorer
                      [email protected]
                      [email protected]
                      [email protected]

**FireFighting not recommeded for mere mortals **

Bump 'N Grind
                      Firefighting
                      Get your hose out,
                      Put your rubbers on,
                      And get 'em real wet!

Firefighters
                      The Few...
                      The Proud...
                      The Insanely Brave...

Comment

Takin It To The Road.

I drove on the road for the first time today.
                        It will be interesting to see how I handle the situation of when I am behind the wheel and the tones drop. It will definitely take good judgment on my part.

Comment

Out of all the times I have driven in the last 2 months, the tones haven't dropped once. So I am still waiting for it to happen.
                          IACOJ

Comment

It will be a good one. I can tell you that. And before anyone bust my B*lls. I dont mean that in a negative way.

Comment

Well I have been driving for almost a month and one Friday they went off but my mom wouldn't let me drive downtown. Oh well. To be honest with you it has been dead quiet here since that Friday.
                              Last edited by MVFD81; 09-14-2003, 09:13 AM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X